Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Acceptance into Fangtales!

2»

Comments

• Having read your story BG I am honoured to be in the same antho! Can't wait till it comes out - have you signed your contract yet? We get royalties! Never had them before!
  • Yes, I posted my contract back last week. I'm really happy to be in the anthology but I think the comp. will be the most profitable story I've written this year! The one for the book was rather different ... well vampires rather than 'worrying'.
  • What was the prize BG?
  • Just received my manuscript back with suggested editing - a lot less than I expected and I agreed with the suggestions. I have learned that I use too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!! Very excited now and can't wait to see the final product.
  • Ditto Lou. Not many changes to my story. Now waiting to see the finished anthology!
    Sorry didn't answer earlier. Prize for their comp was £100. And they were very prompt in sending it.
  • Just been sent a pdf of the cover - looks brilliant! Launch to be October/November time!

Still using too many exclamation marks!
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]My vampire short story 'Services' has been accepted into Wyvern Publications' Fangtales anthology! I'm really pleased as it's a young adult anthology which is the area I've decided to concentrate on for the future. There will be some editing of the manuscript which I'm looking forward to getting involved with. [/quote]

Be careful, vampires can be so draining to deal with :-D
  • The launch party suggests vampire dress code! Are you going, Bangkok Girl?
  • That sounds like fun, Lou - I would definitely dress up!
  • Nooo. Can't get there from Japan (not even at night by flying...) Enjoyed your story btw :)
  • I haven't read yours yet. I'm saving the rest until I can hold the book in my hands and savour them all! But judging by your story on the site that I read, it will be brilliant I'm sure.
  • Fangtales is out. At least in America.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fangtales-berni-stevens/1105876583?ean=9780956036360&itm=1&usri=fangtales
  • Looks good - won't be long here. Did you get the press release, BG? I'm thinking of sending something to the members' news section of Writers News - are you a subscriber too? Perhaps we could send something from both of us.
  • Yes, I did. Yesterday I think. Certainly, good idea. How do I contact you?
  • BG and I have submitted a piece to WN - hopefully it may appear next issue!