Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Magenta Shaman - now on Kindle!

2»

Comments

• That's a great review, well done.
  • Following Carol's great suggestion on another of the Kindle threads I got some postcards printed of the Magenta Shaman cover, with some book details on the back, a review excerpt and links to my blog/twitter.

I got the printing department at my office to do them privately. £15 for 50 cards (actually there were 56). They look great - I'm so pleased with them. I expect it would be cheaper per unit for a bigger run but this should do for the moment. I've given a few out and and am taking them to my writers club tonight. Might ask the library if I can leave some in there and next time I visit Brighton (where the book's based) may leave some in the various goth/pagan/spiritual shops in The Lanes.
  • That's a good idea, Lily, especially the Brighton shops.
  • Woo hoo!

Just received my first Royalty Payment for Magenta Shaman (and first RP for anything ever, actually)!

It's enough to buy a bottle of (not terribly posh) bubbly, or sensibly, some printer cartridges. What d'ya reckon?

And yes, I know I'll need to start declaring it to the Inland Revenue, but forget them for the moment.

I'm in the mood for celebrating. I would never have been in this situation without the great support, encouragement and advice from everyone on here - so a great big thanks to you all. :) If you'd like to grab a virtual glass - I'll just about be able to squeeze a splash of fizz into each one. Cheers!!!
  • Brilliant Lily and such a well deserved moment of joy for you. Let's hope its the start of many more and even larger payments to come.
  • Well done LilyC, so please to know it's going well.
    (I'm sure you'll find the postcards a good promotion tool.)
  • Hi Lilyc. Rob here. I have been reading all your comments and the replys with advid interest as I have just published a couple of books through Amazon. During the stages of making sure my book had front/back covers , things in correct page order, etc I was using the refunding facility so that I could rebuy my book to check that mistakes had been rectified by my website company. It had crossed my mind as to whether one could buy the book , have a good read (of course) and then then get a refund. They do have a library facitity on Amizon !
  • Hi Rob

Refunds? Sorry, I'm not sure I've understood correctly. Are you talking about buying *your* book then getting a refund or buying *my* book, and doing the same?

If you're having to buy/claim a refund to check your book is displaying correctly it seems rather complex. Is your website company not providing your with a draft? They should be able to send you the file that you can then save into a folder on your PC, plug your Kindle in and drag the file into its contents so that you can view it. If you haven't got a Kindle you can get a free App for PC/Mac/mobile device.

Alternatively, do you have access to your own KDP account? You should be able to Preview the file (which should be the last one uploaded).

If it's my book you want a refund on - I'll simply pout. ;-)