Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Another 'Chloe' launch event... June 30th 6-8pm

edited June 2011 in - Writing Tales
My friend Ann Evans, who is another children's author from Coventry, and I are having a joint launch event for our two new books at Coventry Central Library on Thursday June 30th, 6-8pm.

It's a ticket-only event, but tickets are free on request. If anyone who is within reach would like to come, you'd be very welcome, but please let me know, as tickets are limited.

It's going to be a fun evening. Ann's book is 'A Children's History of Coventry' and there will be children doing readings from her book. Anna and Chloe, the twins from 'Coping with Chloe', will also be present (yes!), doing various readings and having a big argument. We've had a rehearsal already and those girls are seriously good!

There will also be wine, nibbles and a visit from a famous person from Coventry's past.

As I say, please let me know if you would like me to send you a ticket.

Comments

• That sounds great! I like the idea of the twin's argument. Sadly too far for me.
    Any Sussex, Surrey or London events yet?
    Good luck with it all.
  • Sounds like it will be fun, Rosalie. Sorry, too far for me, but still, I hope you have an enjoyable evening.
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks, Kateyanne and Dora.

I've love to do some events in the south, Kateyanne - if you can get me an invitation, I'll come :)
  • That sounds a great idea Rosalie, sorry I can't get there. Hope you both have a successful day.
  • What a great idea! Who are the girls and how did they get involved, if you don't mind me asking?
  • My friend did an author visit to a school in Coventry, and she and the librarian there asked for volunteers. The librarian is helping to organise it and we've had our first rehearsal - next one is tomorrow. The girls are wonderful actors - they picked up the meaning right away - and they even look enough alike to be non-identical twins, as Anna and Chloe are.

I'm really excited about this. It was thrilling to hear my words come alive. Makes me wonder whether I should be writing plays!
  • Sounds great, Rosalie and good luck. Unfortunately I'm not near Coventry, sorry.
  • Sounds good. I hope it goes well. Good luck to you both.
  • Good luck if I were closer I would love to come, but it is a bit too far for me. Enjoy yourselves.