Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

How to Murder People

Comments

• 's Ok Stan, you'll probably get work in the chapel and they have tea and biccies there!
  • Oh goodie!
  • Er...do you speak from personal experience?
  • Well I'm taking part in a murder mystery tonight as one of the suspects...:D
  • Enjoy yourself Carol and let us know all about it once you have time.
  • Carol's guilty!

She did it, she murdered them.

Carol has no alibi. Setting up the new computer was all lies.
  • Setting up the computer was easier than expected. She had time to slip out before the boys came home. Very suspicious.
  • There is no new computer. Have we seen photos? No. Carol did it.
  • Well actually a lot of people including myself were convinced my character in league with her husband were guilty- we had the most votes, but I was innocent- well apparently I tried to kill the old man but it proved impossible...;)
  • Clearly you need to take some lessons from this thread so that you can murder people more effectively next time, Carol! ;)
  • edited August 2011
    There was a lot of thinking on our feet needed as we were given some information that we needed to keep secret and other info we needed to reveal during each round, but all eight characters were doing this.
  • Just read the story StF - horribly good! Very well done indeed!
  • [quote=Stan2]Er...do you speak from personal experience?[/quote]

Not personal, but someone very close to me was 'inside' and worked in the chapel during his time. I am also a member of Prison fellowship and got to know the chaplain of that person's prison and got some in depth knowledge
  • Just a big Thank you to Webbo who picked out some books he thought I would like and posted them to me.

Perthshire Murders by Geoff Holder
    Edinburgh Murders and Misdemeanours by David Brandon and Alan Brooke
    Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2011
    The first five pages (A Writer's guide to staying out of the rejection pile) by Noah Lukeman

Cheers Webbo!
  • Those are great choices.
  • I've hear that 'The first Five Pages...' is a great book. Luck you Stf and nice one Webbo.
  • What a lovely thing to do - and so well deserved too!
  • Wayhay! Although I have to say, don't think you need them. My attention was firmly taken after the first few sentences!
  • What a nice thing to get , especially as it was unexpected. Really nice of you Webbo.
  • He shouldn't be encouraging you! But at least we know who to blame if a monstrosity is unleashed upon the world...
  • that's great. St F.
  • [quote=st force]Most of my teachers are scared of me... [/quote]

.. I take it you've never given any of them a bottle of shampoo as an end of term Teacher's present?

Great story STF, full of suspense and 'orrid action. :)
  • Oh that would have been such a good gift too. The bottle first then email the story a week later.
  • I like that!
  • Arghhhh!

A black spot - another murder?
  • BB did it, with the candlestick, in the ballroom.
  • ...but who was the victim?
  • I know how to commit the perfect murder.
  • *gulps*

I'm sleeping with the light on tonight.
  • BB, I wouldn't. They can burn, bulbs, after they've been on for a while. And you might roll over on it and cut your jugular. Much more likely than getting murdered by ST.

I would put the light just inside your bedroom door and then if he comes in he'll step on it and cry out in agony which will wake you up and then you can shoot him. Or throw your glass of water over him. Maybe staple his tongue to the floor? And stamp on it?
  • Oh God. This is going to hurt, isn't it?
  • Not you, though. You'll be fine. I'll lend my staple shooter. Most satisfactory. AND you can't get the staples out without a little tool! No way will he have one of those about his person.
  • [quote=Liz!]AND you can't get the staples out without a little tool! [/quote]

That sounds exactly like my Saturday night dates. Those girls do take some prising to get them out of their magazines. Good job I have my little tool to help them with.
  • Oy, what are you doing here? This is a most private conversation between BB and me, wherein I give her the benefit of my murderer quelling techniques.
  • Maybe I'll just have some more wine and sleep through it all?
  • Well.. that might work. Less trouble, for us both. I can keep my staple flinger and little tool handy here. Have to admit to being a tad wine sleepy myself.
  • Oh no! He's drugged you!
  • I get sleepy with white wine and become alert with red. Ros
  • It was rose, ST. So - this means you HAVE drugged it!
  • Oh no. Who's going to take photos of Lola for us now?
  • Told you the perfect crime! Oh no now like so many B-Movie and bad television criminals I've let myself down by revealing my plan in a rush of egotistical glee.
  • Blame it on the wine.
  • *Glurg... gasp... strangled choke*
  • Ha that's another crime. I'm not really drinking rose but a nice smooth Primitivo. Which sounds like a top of the range TV recording device.
  • I shall pass on the torch... croak... to someone worthy, BB... *passes out*
  • WHAT???
  • Who is the what for?

What for, great now I sound like Bertie Wooster.
  • Have you read the fantastic children's poem What for, i think it's by Noel Petty...have to find it hang on...