Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short Story Competition

2»

Comments

• No you won't seaview, it was a good story. we just gave it a nudge!
  • [quote=Amanda]we just gave it a nudge![/quote]

- a great big shove in the back, more like!!! :) :) :)
  • Congratulations!
  • Oh Seaview, well done! You won even though you didn't have a load of facebook friends, which would suggest to me you won on merit so be encouraged and proud of yourself!
  • Congratulations!
  • Thanks Phots!

michelle, I wouldn't bet on it - I was hounding people!!!!

Cheers Jay! :)
  • Not at all, hounding people = networking and it's what professionals do (or so they tell me!!)!

Enjoy your success, and build on it.
  • I'm glad justice was done. Good luck with the next round.
  • Thanks, Michelle.

And thanks Mutley - I'm delighted to have got this far but I don't hold out much hope in the 'real' judging section. If fact, someone has already posted up a comment below the announcenent about the winner which suggests that Story D (runner up) was the better story and asked if they could have the name of that writer as they "can't remember reading anything finer" - it was indeed a great story (and I gave it a 'like'), but finer than Dickens, Shakespeare, etc?!
  • Hi Seaview
    Have just left a comment under your winning entry. Don`t underestimate your writing you won by popular vote.
  • I saw that Jenny, thank you - that's so kind of you!!! :)
  • [quote=Seaview], someone has already posted up a comment below the announcenent about the winner which suggests that Story D (runner up) was the better story and asked if they could have the name of that writer as they "can't remember reading anything finer" -[/quote] How odd - you'd think the author's mother would remember their name ;-)
  • Well done Seaview! Fingers crossed for the next round!
  • Congratulations Seaview. Good luck with the overall comp. You have to be in it to win it!
  • :) :) :) oh Phots, you're funny!Thanks for posting a comment BTW.

Cheers ttofee (I keep thinking of you as toffee!) and casey :)
  • giggle giggle, Tosh!
  • edited July 2011
    [quote=ceka]giggle giggle, Tosh! [/quote]

I know, Ceka - what is she like?!!! :) :) :)
  • Well done, Seaview. Read your story today. Loved the surprise ending. Didn't see that one coming!

I agree about on-line voting. The BBC did it with their 'My Story' competition a couple of years ago.
    It's a ridiculous way of 'judging' - and I use the term very loosely. It turns it into a farce or a popularity contest. In theory, the worst story in the world could win; nothing to do with talent whatsoever.
  • Well done on getting through this stage Seaview.