Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Entering online with French postcode

edited August 2011 in - Website Problems
I think I put this in the wrong place, at the end of a previous discussion. I'm a right space waster I know.

I'm going to call the office on Monday but just in case anyone is around this weekend and can solve my problem here we go.

I'm trying to enter the Crime story online. I have no problem uploading my story but when I click on 'go to checkout' I'm told 'invalid postcode' Is this because the postcode is French?

Comments

• Very likely, fuschia. I have had this problem with all sorts of sites. You may have to get your entry acknowledged and paid for by phone. Websites can't think for themselves!
  • edited August 2011
    I can't offer you any advice, Fuchsia, but I'm glad you've flagged this up because we don't have postcodes at all where my permanent home is - and the rest of the time I'm in France! So, it would be good if you tell us the solution when you eventually get one. Thanks.
  • I've had a problem when registering software produced in America - the website doesn't recognise a UK postcode.
  • Yeah, that's really why I put it on here as others may have the same problem. I've never had no postcode Claudia, that sounds like a great place to live, but I've had problems with no number to the street so just put ?? instead - seemed to work. Let's hope all is revealed on Monday! I'll keep you posted.
  • [quote=fuchsia]I've never had no postcode Claudia, that sounds like a great place to live[/quote]

Fiji - yeah, it is a great place to live! :)
  • Claudia, I'm on my way to Fiji! Can"t find the smileys...

I spoke today to Jonathan Telfer who immediately got onto my case. I entered the comp and all is well, except perhaps the results. Can't tell you exactly what the problem was, as it may well be unique to my case, but until the system is perfected the way to go is a phone call if you come up against a problem - you shoudn't I believe. Claudia, in Fiji, I hope you have Skype if you want to enter, as I'm sure you'll need a phonecall, but maybe you can just invent a postcode, that's pretty much how it works.
  • Just to confirm what Fuchsia's saying, unfortunately what we're stuck with is that when you try to register, whatever you type in the "postcode" box doesn't actually have to be a real postcode, but it does have to match whatever's on our system with your subscription details (to be able to tie both accounts together, so you can enter the subscriber-only comps and get reduced entry fee for the open ones). But if you're not a subscriber, it doesn't matter.
    If you do have trouble, our subs team can help on [email protected] or 01778 392482, or me, [email protected]
  • [quote=fuchsia]Claudia, I'm on my way to Fiji! [/quote]

I missed this when you posted it, fuchsia.
    When and where are you going??
  • Whenever anyone mentions Fiji I can't help but think about Red Dwarf and Lister's dream.
  • Neph, remember the episode where everything unhappened, and the Cat came out of the bushes and just said, Don't ask?
  • Only wishful thinking Claudia!
  • [quote=fuchsia]Only wishful thinking Claudia![/quote]

Oh! I thought you were serious! (blushes and slinks off)