Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What was your first day at school like?

2»

Comments

• I remember meeting new friends, playing in a sand-pit; it all went down hill after that!
  • I remember the chocolate fingers and chocolate covered marshmallow teacakes at breaktime- can't remember how many chocolate fingers we got for a happenny...
  • I remember those! I also remember having to take one penny in each week for school fund. Perhaps children should do that now.
  • [quote=Carol]I remember the chocolate fingers and chocolate covered marshmallow teacakes at breaktime- can't remember how many chocolate fingers we got for a happenny... [/quote]

Crikey, how dreadful! And what a good way to set children up for a lifetime of bad food choices.

I know they used to have 'tuck shops' at some schools that sold all manner crisps and sweets etc.

It was only about 5 years ago they stopped the ice cream van from parking at my kids' school during breaks.

At their primary, they had apples and fruit at break - free.