Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Help with a letter of interest.

Hey guys & girls I need some help with writing a letter of interest to a large structured business,I require this letter to be noticed ASAP.
Anyone got any ideas on how I should start the letter and what I should outline ?

Comments

• You could start with "hey guys and girls"

that would really get them on your side.

A letter of interest? Interest in what, about what?
  • it's about product design however it's being forwarded from my college to the company (which i shouldn't name due to legal reasons) but i want to know how to grab their attention.
  • LizLiz
    edited October 2011
    If your product design is brilliant you won't need an attentions grabbing letter, the content should do that.

I would just make sure it's succinct, to the point, clear and not at all 'attention grabbing'.

Nothing annoys people more than idiotic attention seeking devices - which are more likely to make them think you're someone they don't want to get involved with.

if you are talking about sending a letter to a company who do product design and you are expressing an interest in working for them, ie fishing for a job, I would make sure you are addressing the letter to the correct person (ie the personnel hirer) using their correct name and title, make sure your letter is only one page long, keep it succinct, make sure your grammar and spelling is correct, don't make mistakes as in your comment above which has spacing errors, make sure you know exactly what they are known for, tell them exactly what you would bring to their company. And don't make claims you can't back up.

If it was me, at the minute in the current climate, I'd ask about working as a volunteer in the first instance as both people and companies virtually always employ people they know.