Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My first ebook is out

edited November 2011 in - Writing Tales
Hurrah. I am so pleased that this person, who is not that techie wise, has managed to publish their first ebook on Amazon and Smashwords. It is for teens, and is called The Railway Angel. It is about 15 y-o Lizzie, who is a lost angel, until she is sent back to Earth to prevent another teenager from risking their life and ending up like her, dead. Lizzie passes her test by using new magical powers and persuasion skills, and becomes a Guardian Angel. This is the first in a series I have planned called The Guardian Angels, all who have magical powers of some sort.

Comments

• Sounds like a nice theme for a series jaday. Well done on getting it out there as I know it isn't easy.
  • I hope it does well for you.
  • Sounds really good jayday good luck with it.
  • Good luck with it Jayday.
  • Well done, jaday.
  • Huge congratulations Jaday!

Do you want to post the Smashwords and Amazon links here?

Sounds a great theme.
  • Thanks everyone. For anyone interested, here are the two links:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Railway-Angel-Guardian-Angels-ebook/dp/B0062Y4S5G/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1320490171&sr=1-1
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/julieday40

The idea for a series came about after having entered the story in two competitions and not getting anywhere. I liked the idea of the story and wanted to expand it. It is a long short story, too short to be excepted to publishers, so I made it into an ebook.
  • Congratulations, jaday - hope it gets lots of interest.
  • Well done and congratulations jaday.
  • Congrats, Jaday. Wishing you lots of sales.
  • Many congrats.. I love the cover..xx
  • [quote=mrsnazilli]I love the cover[/quote]
    Yes, it's a beautiful cover Jaday. May we ask if you designed it or was it done for you?
  • Congratulations jday ! Looks great !
  • The cover was designed by someone else, I couldn't be that techie. Her name is Joleene Naylor and she lives in the US. She was very nice and easy to work with, and I'll work with her again.
  • The Railway Angel, which as .99c, is now FREE on Smashwords. An experiment to entice readers to try my writing.
  • Would you like me to post a link on my blog, jaday? (I regularly blog about book give aways, writing competitions, draws for laptops and Kindles and stuff like that.)
  • Good Luck.
    I hope you get lots and lots of sales :)