Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My ebook is "currently under review" !

edited January 2012 in - Writing Tales
Well, I've done it !
Uploaded my first ebook to Kindle Direct Publishing, that is.
It is "currently under review" and should be available after approx 12 hours.

It's taken me quite a number of hours to get it done, so I hope I've done it right. But it has saved me paying £99 on special offer or more to send it to someone else to basically upload it.
There's something about free for 5 days which I haven't quite got my head around yet and I expect there'll be a link or something when it's published.

Anyway, its called "Walking Towards the Sun" and it's a collection of poetry and short fiction written by me and it's illustrated by Stewart Platt.

Now to get some sleep before I begin making "Crossing Borders" into an ebook !

Excited !!! :)

Comments

• A well deserved rest after all that work.
    Have a good sleep.
    Good luck.
  • Good Luck Lexia!
  • Well done Lexia, and good luck.
  • That's great, Lexia - well done and wishing you lots of success.
  • Very brave of you lexia. I have taken the £99 route, and glad I did as I couldn't cope with all the little problems I have been able to let them sort out! My para indenting went haywire so it had to be re-formatted, and then there's the bank account having to receive money from abroad, and putting a cover together - which I did, badly, but they have tweaked it for me. Mine should be available on Amazon in a day or two. Good luck!
  • Congratulations, Lexia - I certainly wouldn't be able to do it! And congratulations, Viv too!

When are colour ebooks coming out?
  • Congratulations Lexia!
  • Good luck, Lexia (and Viv). Let us know how you get on.
  • Well done hope you sell lots!
  • Good luck with it all, Lexia and Viv. It's a new kind of adventure! :D
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks everyone !
    It's now published and available here
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Towards-the-Sun-ebook/dp/B006VY0O8M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1326283520&sr=1-1

Good luck with yours Viv - I am sure your paragraphing will be much better than mine, but I can always use this as a 'trial' ! Need to get author page and stuff done now and the 5 days free thing.
    Dead chuffed and can't wait to get a collection of stories put together.

[quote=Liz!]When are colour ebooks coming out?[/quote]

Ha ! I never thought about this until the colour images I uploaded appeared as b & w ;)
    Am sure someone will get around to making ebooks colour before long.
  • If you have an ipad, they are already colour (but you have to buy them from ibooks or smashwords). I think the new kindle fire is colour, too, but I'm not sure if its available outside the US yet.
  • I suspect the colour issue will be resolved this year and we'll start to see this as standard on all the new e-readers that are brought out.
  • Well actually, disregard my last comment... Walking Towards the Sun is in colour !
  • Well done Lexia - brave of you to go it alone! Hope it sells really well.
    Well done Viv, for knowing your limits, and letting someone else do the twiddly bits.
    Good luck to you both!
  • Congrats Lexia, and Viv. Wishing you both a rapid rise up the charts!
  • Hear, hear! Well done Lexia. Well done Viv.
  • Congratulation to both Viv and Lexia.
  • Many congratulations Lexia. I have just 'Liked' it, and added tags too. If you add tags it helps readers find your books and also keeps you in the ranks.

Viv, all the best for your book as well.
  • Thanks LilyC. I didn't spot the tags thing when I uploaded it, so thanks for that too.