Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Malcolm Welshman - fame at last!

VivViv
edited February 2012 in - Writing Tales
I was just watching the ITV quiz show The Chase - and one of the questions was 'Malcolm Welshman's bestselling book is called Pets in a what?'
They got it wrong, but I knew the answer!
Well done, Malcolm. Your fame is spreading!!

Comments

• How wonderful! Now that is true fame!
  • edited February 2012
    Fame on commercial television too...well done Malcolm.
  • I'm impressed!
  • Hey, well done there MW!
  • wow that's good. I remember when I was watching Fifteen to One about ten years ago and one of the questions was Who is England's oldest man? The answer was George Cook ( it was my granddad who was 108!)
  • Hurray for Malcolm and for KA's grandad
  • And to say 'bestselling' book means you've arrived. Wonder if Malcolm knows.
  • Well done Malcolm!
  • I reckon this demands a dance by Malcolm, in leotard and leggings.
  • That's fantastic. Does he know??
    Hey - Malcolm - are you reading this?
  • Well done Malcolm!
  • Nice one Malcolm :) :) :)
  • Fame indeed. Shame the contestant didn't know the answer. Did the Chaser?
  • Still no response from Malcolm. Hope he finds out while he can still watch it on itvplayer.
    casey: It was one of the questions asked direct to a contestant, not one the Chaser had to answer .
  • That's real fame, I think. Well done, Malcolm!
  • http://www.malcolmwelshman.co.uk

that's malcolm's website, I think, from a previous pets in a pickle thread, dunno if a contact number or address is on there?
  • If anyone else hasn't contacted Malcolm, I can e-mail him if needed.
  • that's impressive - well done Malcolm.
  • Ooooh, hope he saw it, but it'll be in play-again for a while, won't it? I would tell him Carol, just in case...
  • Good idea, Carol
  • edited February 2012
    I'll e-mail him now.

Done.
  • Good morning folks. No I didn't know about this. And many thanks to Carol for taking the time to email me. I've just read her news and I have to say the timing was really appropriate as I woke up this morning with 'black dog' sitting next to me. Yep. Me down in the dumps thinking no to doing any publicity for sequel due out April and no to getting down to writing the third one. Hopefully this news will help to make me put things in perspective and realise yet again that I'm extremely fortunate to have got where I am. All your TBers greetings are also a tremendous support. Many thanks to all of you. So stop moaning Malcolm.
  • Go get 'em Malcolm (touches forelock, genuflects, generally all round impressed) well done!
  • Respect to the main man Malcolm!