Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

2 writing opportunities - crime and short stories

edited March 2012 in - Resources
I've been asked if I'd help spread the word...
ARE YOU A CRIME FICTION WRITER?
Get represented by one of the UK's top literary agencies. Circalit, the crowd-sourcing platform for writers, has teamed up with literary agency, Luigi Bonomi Associates, to find talented new crime fiction writers. LBA is one of the UK’s top literary agencies and well known for representing authors such as David Gibbins, Alan Titchmarsh, James May, Richard Hammond and many others. Now Thomas Stofer, an agent at LBA, is on the lookout for crime fiction novels to turn into international best sellers. All you need is the first three chapters of your crime fiction work plus a detailed synopsis. So if you want to be a crime fiction writer then enter for free at
http://www.circalit.com/screenplay/competitions/view/client/lba.
The deadline for entries is 30th April, 2012.

CIRCALIT SHORT STORY ANTHOLOGY: OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
Circalit has announced the publication of a short story anthology for Autumn 2012. The Circalit Anthology will be read by over 10,000 subscribers and will be available in paperback and as an eBook. Any short story uploaded onto Circalit will automatically be considered for the anthology.
Simply create an account at www.circalit.com and upload your short stories to be eligible. The deadline for entries is 31st March, 2012.

Comments

• Thanks for this, Tracy
  • edited March 2012
    Hi, Tracy. I can't seem to find details of the short story anthology on the Circalit site - unless it's the sci-fi one that whizzes past every couple of seconds. Are they offering any payment? Thanks.
  • [quote=Tracy]All you need is the first three chapters of your crime fiction work plus a detailed synopsis. So if you want to be a crime fiction writer then enter for free at http://www.circalit.com/screenplay/competitions/view/client/lba.[/quote]

Is there any advantage to submitting through Circalit rather than submitting straight to LBA?
  • Hi Jay

I've copied and pasted from the email they sent me, so to be honest I haven't checked it out. But I am a member of Circalit and trust it as a site, so I'd suggest perhaps joining and taking it from there? They have run several competitions in the past and I know they hope to do so in the future and they tend to be quite diverse in themes and organisers etc.
    I'm pretty sure the sci-fi competition is a separate one.

Hope this helps
    Tracy