Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Kidnapped

pbwpbw
edited March 2012 in - Writing Problems
One of my characters is kidnapped and rescued by the police. Does anybody know what police procedure is after the rescue?

Would she be taken back to a police station and put in the care of a family liaison officer or similar, or would they take her to hospital and have her checked over. (My character was drugged, so she'll be hung over).

Would they want a witness statement straight away if she felt up to it?

When would they let her go home?

I'm grateful for any information. Probably you crime/police procedural writers know more about this stuff.

Comments

• I'd imagine she'd be taken to a hospital to be checked out (I'd want to be!). I'm not a police officer though. However, did come across this blog the other day which i've put into my reader. He might be able to help http://crimewritingsolutions.wordpress.com/
    Good luck!
  • Can't really help you on this one, PBW, though it is a curiously similar situation to that facing my MC.
    He is abducted by his lover, chained to a luxurious circular bed for three months and used as a sexual object by his lover and her repulsive mother. His lover also systematically divests him of all his cash, his house and his car before moving on to a fresh mug.

Never crossed my mind that he should have involved the police. :(
  • Phew, snailmale! That's one hell of a story!
  • I've got a kidnap in mine as well and he's used as a sex object but only for a few days and then he's rescued.I've got around the police procedure by having my mc flee the scene of the crime back to his home and reporting it there and as the local police don't take him seriously I could skim over that bit. Not much help to you PBW but I'll keep an eye on this thread in case some useful tip come up.
  • [quote=tunna]Phew, snailmale! That's one hell of a story! [/quote]

Did you know S&M is writing his auto biography?
  • [quote=snailmale]Never crossed my mind that he should have involved the police[/quote]

Hadn't your MC had enough abuse, with the lover and the mother?
  • Hi paperbackwriter, to help you out, can tell you that the first consideration would be to get the abscondee to hospital and a a family liaison officer would as you rightly surmise be with them every step of the way. The SIO (senior investigating officer) would want them debriefing as soon as they are fit. Initially just to get a story of what went on, descriptions of offenders etc. which would later be reduced into a full written witness statement. The latter would be more time urgent if the cops had locked up the bad guys as the custody clock would be running. Hope this helps.
  • [quote=snailmale]used as a sexual object by his lover and her repulsive mother.[/quote]

Wow! I need to get out more, or maybe the trick is to stay in...
  • [quote=Roger]Hi paperbackwriter, to help you out,[/quote]
    Brilliant, Roger. Thank you very much.
  • edited March 2012
    [quote=]Phew, snailmale! That's one hell of a story![/quote]

Errr, well, sort of. Just chapters 2 & 3 actually
  • [quote=dora]tunna wrote: Phew, snailmale! That's one hell of a story!

Did you know S&M is writing his auto biography[/quote]

That's the last time I tell YOU anything in confidence, dorakins
  • [quote=snailmale]That's the last time I tell YOU anything in confidence, dorakins [/quote]

"cracks whip"

somehow I don't think it is :)
  • Shivers in me boots....
  • in your boots Stan?

are you preparing yourself to walk all over S&M in THOSE?

"gulps"
  • [quote=dora]snailmale wrote: That's the last time I tell YOU anything in confidence, dorakins

"cracks whip"

somehow I don't think it is [/quote]

Toying with the thought of actually writing you in to this masterpiece, dorakins, though not really sure if there is a role for another dysfunctional dominatrix
  • I shouldn't bother. You'd never be able to re-create the real me.
  • :) Don't think any one is going to argue with that! :)
  • [quote=snailmale]He is abducted by his lover, chained to a luxurious circular bed for three months and used as a sexual object by his lover and her repulsive mother.[/quote]
    [quote=SusieM]I've got a kidnap in mine as well and he's used as a sex object but only for a few days [/quote]
    [quote=paperbackwriter]Wow! I need to get out more, or maybe the trick is to stay in...[/quote]
    [quote=dora]"cracks whip" somehow I don't think it is[/quote]

*gulps* Whoopsies, looks as though I may have strayed into the wrong room again. *IG backs out quietly and hopes nobody has noticed*
  • :) Stay IG, the more the merrier ;)
  • Just creep into the corner and observe from a distance. Eventually they forgot you're there so you're safe. ;)
  • Aha! Voyeurs eh?
  • Carol, whatever are you suggesting? Thanks anyway but I think I'll leave you to it. The corner is all yours.

:) Dora.
  • edited March 2012
    [quote=dora]Aha! Voyeurs eh?[/quote]

All those intending to 'voyeur' snailmale are advised to provide themselves with binoculars
  • pbwpbw
    edited March 2012
    I'm sorry, I think this topic has degenerated into slime.

All we have is a trail of smutty talk.

Let's at least preserve a shell of decency...

Maybe dora is on the horns of a dilema and doesn't know what to do.
    ;)

* creeps back under stone*
  • Mornin' PBW :)
  • ppw, my WB tutor was a former copper, would you like me to ask him on your behalf or have you found out yet?
  • Thanks Woll I've got the answers now. Thanks for asking.
  • Shouldn't linger on this thread to long, Woll22, you could end up a White Slave
  • Or in my cheesey pie!