Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

St Nazaire Raid, March 28th, 1942

edited March 2012 in - Writing Tales
I've got a short story based on real events coming out in PeepsAmigo on 31st March. They've even kept my title this time - 'Lest We Forget'.

Comments

• I will be buying that - sounds fascinating.
  • Well done Ceka.
  • Sounds intriguing. Congrats, Ceka.
  • Congratulations, Ceka
  • Well done, Ceka. I wonder if our local paper will have a commemorative story on this? They do like their anniversaries. This week it's all been about a strike in the 60s at Joint Francais, a factory that makes washers and gaskets. There was a famous b/w photo of a striker and a riot cop face to face, the striker in absolute anguish because he realised he'd been at school with the cop, and was trying to make him see the workers' side of the story.
    Last week it was all about the end of France's presence in North Africa in 1962, and the return of the pieds noirs.
  • It's out!

How do I know? Because a friend of mine emailed to ask that I let Ceka know how much she had enjoyed the story and that it had brought a tear to her eye.

A while ago, when I found out my friend reads the PF every week, I told her to look out for Ceka - as she's a regular - and unprompted she emailed me.

Well done, Lady Cake!
  • Just bought my copy and read Ceka's story. I too found it terribly moving. It's a lovely story and I had more than one tear in my eye.
  • Well done Ceka. Congratulations!
  • I managed to buy a copy today and read your story Ceka. It was an excellent story and very poignant.