Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Charity's Child is now live on Amazon...

edited March 2012 in - Writing Tales
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007Q2ZMTE

Please take a look and let me know what you think of the cover, etc!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Just had a look. It's got impact. Attracts and holds the attention. Makes me want to take a look inside. Love the red title on the white background. Well done Rosalie.
  • I think the cover certainly catches the eye.
  • I like the cover, Rosalie. She's a scary looking girl, isn't she?
  • Thanks, Jen. Yes, that's the idea - she is scary but also vulnerable.
  • Drat, someone has just pointed out that a reviewer's comment I quoted in the Product Description could be taken the wrong way. I have changed and resubmitted. I think the book can be purchased in the meantime, but if you were thinking at all of downloading it, might be best to wait a couple of days as the comment could be seen as offensive - can't believe I did not spot that. Grr again (to self)...
  • I haven't spotted anything offensive, Roslie. Am I missing it or has the description changed already?
  • Just checked - there was a mention of 'lesbians' but it seems to have gone already..... Thank goodness.

Thanks for checking, BR.
  • Yes, it's all OK now - the ambiguous sentence removed. Thank heaven it was pointed out to me, though. The sentence was ambiguous and one way of reading it made the book sound homophobic, which was absolutely not intended, as anyone who reads it will see.
  • Just to say thanks to everyone who has downloaded my book so far.

It's only £1.94, so I would really appreciate some more downloads and reviews. I will download yours too, with an eye to reviewing it, if you let me know.

You can read more about Charity's Child on my blog at

http://rosalie-warren.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/all-sorted-charitys-child-is-well-and.html

which explains why no one should be offended by its religious content!
  • Currently sitting at no 52 in Fiction/Psychological on Amazon.co.uk

(No, I know it's not exactly bestsellerdom, but I'm pleased. Making the most of the moment....!)

Thanks to anyone here who has purchased so far!
  • It's great to be on any best seller list, Rosalie! Congratulations!
  • Just had a lovely new 5 star review, posted on both the UK and US sites. Hurray!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charitys-Child-Virgin-Birth-ebook/dp/B007Q2ZMTE
  • edited April 2012
    It's certainly gratifying when people take the time to put reviews on ( providing they're good ones!) . And they do help to get the book noticed. I was on Radio Bristol earlier this week - the presenter, Steve Yabsley was superb in referring to Pet on Parade even drawing me back to the book when I went off at a tangent. And he commented about my splendid Amazon reviews. Let's hope you get many more Rosalie.

http://tinyurl.com/88tntd4
  • Thanks, Malcolm. Am still waiting for my my first bad review, though I'm sure it will come. Someone told me it's a sign you are 'breaking through' to new readers, and some will inevitably dislike your book or have some axe of their own to grind. So, although I know it will be painful, I'm kind of looking forward to it...
  • Wow ... Rosalie ... I'm not so sure about getting 1* reviews. They can hurt. My first such review for the Kindle version of Pets in a Pickle said 'Truly awful cliched rubbish. The only good thing about it was it was cheap.' See? It's still stuck in my mind a year on. I trust you won't get any.
  • Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. That's a real shame. No, I defintely don't want any like that. But if you look at reviews of really popular books - you always get a few one or two star ones.. no matter how big a name the author is. There's no accounting for taste, and some reviewers are just being deliberately nasty, I'm sure, for reasons of their own.

Comfort yourself, you're in good company. And it's your overall average rating that matters - and you seem to be doing pretty well :)
  • [quote=Rosalie]Am still waiting for my my first bad review[/quote]

Your book is next but one on my list, Rosalie...

But if it's anything like your previous books, you won't be getting that first bad review from me.
  • Thanks, Baggy. It's quite different so... who knows?
  • Great cover, Rosalie!
  • Thanks, Kado :-)
  • As someone else mentioned on another thread, a few not-so-glowing reviews show that you've got a wide readership and not just friends and family.
  • PS Will be downloading to to my Kindle next time I'm Kindle-shopping!