Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Crime Writer Competition

edited May 2012 in - Resources
I've just had this link sent to me from someone who thought it might be of interest to TBers who have a crime novel on the go.

http://www.stylist.co.uk/books/get-published/crime-fiction-competition

Comments

• edited May 2012
    UK residence required, sadly (not that I have a 6000 word start to a novel in my pocket, but it might have been fun to write one).
  • Thanks IG.
    I know a few people in my writers group who do have a 6,000 word start to a novel.
  • Thanks IG. This looks great. I wonder if they'll consider my crime/supernatural thriller. Hmmnnn...
  • There's an interesting condition in the T&C:

"The winning author must commit to one exclusive photo-shoot and interview with Stylist along with a webchat/video for Stylist.co.uk for the release of their debut novel and ***first press interview and photo shoot for every successive novel published, regardless of publisher*** "
  • While you expect the first part, I'd wonder how long they would actually keep to every release first interview/photo shoot.
    But publicity is publicity...
  • That's one way to get exclusive interviews, I suppose. Bit cheeky though, don't you think?
  • Certainly is.