Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

New competition for agent feedback on your ms!

edited June 2012 in - Resources
There were lots of entries into the last competition for agent feedback on the opening pages of a children's book. The winner turned out to be someone from talkback so well done Shellie! :)
But now I'm running a competition for all you aspiring YA authors. A chance to win agent feedback on the opening pages of your YA ms from Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency.
See the blog for details! :)

http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/lets-celebrate-with-agent-molly-ker.html

Comments

• There's a slight amendment to this competition. Molly Ker Hawn has very kindly said she'll now look at Middle-grade too, so entry is now open to authors of MG and YA.
  • A great opportunity here, thanks Tracy! I might put my name in the hat and finally put pen to paper on my brewing YA idea...
  • Fantastic will have a go at this. Thanks, Tracy.
  • Sorry to be so dumb, but what age is MG ?
  • Jennymf - middle-grade - 8-12 or some say 9-12.
  • One week to left to enter the draw :)
  • edited June 2012
    Thank you for organising that, Tracy. I left my details, though I notice that lots of other writers' names are highlighted in red. Is that because they have a blog? I feel very dowdy with my name sitting there in black!!

It's a gift for whoever gets chosen.

I THINK I'm following you now, but I'm not sure I did it right! I'll wait and see what happens! (I'm inept at all this blogging stuff!!)
  • Considering how much you pay for a professional critique, 'gift' is an understatement.
    Tracy you are a star. Again.
    Mind the pointy bits though... ;)
  • Tracy, I've just discovered that by giving our email addresses on your website we've effectively made them public to the world. There's nothing we can do about it now - they're out there. Oops.
  • Hi I want to add my efforts . But I must be thick as I can`t see where to put the comments on the blog(I do subscribe to it)
  • Tiny Nell when posting blogs etc - ensure you put the @ as (at) and the . as (dot) and that will protect you from the viral bots and such of this world a little.
  • Ah, you live and learn, SL.

Oh well, perhaps I'll get lots of offers of millions as a beneficiary of the estate of my long-lost relatives in Nigeria.
  • edited June 2012
    Tiny Nell
    You can always put in another comment using the AT instead of @ as Silverlinings has suggested and delete the original comment then I'll delete it completely.

And don't worry, red or black names you are all equal :)
  • Jennymf - the comments section is just past the end of the post.
    And if you want to subscribe there are a variety of ways in the side sections.
  • Thanks, Tracy, but the comment will forever be out there on the WWW. (I'm not worried about it being visible on your site - just to the loonies who might trawl through my internet offerings for some reason.) My silly fault!