Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What do you expect?

I wonder how many writers take a step back and consider their expectations, every time they sit down to write. I've found a technique that really helped me, so I'd like to share it, as it might be of some use to other people out there.
After several rejections and the feeling that I was pushing things uphill, I began thinking from the end, scene by scene, chapter by chapter. I found it to be a fast track to getting in the zone. When I applied it, I rewrote a 100,000 word novel (which had taken three years to write) in ten weeks. I used the same process to finding an agent and had an offer of representation four days after submitting the MS and now have the first of a trilogy out to publishers. Our expectations shape the way we approach things, but we often forget them when we get down to the detail. I've written the details in an article, for anyone who might find this useful:
http://www.freeyourib.com/?page_id=185

Hope this helps and Good Luck!