Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My first article accepted - Best Of British Magazine

2»

Comments

• Oh I haven't Mike, why do I need to do that anyway?
  • Jangod not many :)
  • I always buy two copies - one in pristine condition and the other to cuddle at night when I doubt myself.
  • Does anyone know the ISSN number for Bof B? I can't see it anywhere in the mag.
  • Could be inside the cover, or on the contents page? Or on the back?
  • I've looked everywhere Carol and still can't see it.
  • Strange - I can't see it either. Expected to see it amongst the contact blurb on the inside cover.
  • me too :(
  • I suppose it might be quicker to email them
  • I have and am waiting for an answer.
  • edited July 2013
    First of all congratulations Nefertari, we love to hear when one of our Home Study students achieves success.

For those of you who want to find out more about our Home Study courses you can visit http://www.writers-online.co.uk/Home-Study
    Remember Writing Magazine subscribers also enjoy a 10% discount on any of our nine courses.

If you would like to talk to our Home Study team about which course would be best for you call Bernadette or Lauren on 0113 200 2917.
  • Also, BoB's ISSN is 1355-6681. Hope that helps.
  • [quote=Webbo]Also, BoB's ISSN is 1355-6681.[/quote]

*wonders if BoB is a relative of Brian*
  • I've tried two shops and neither have it. I have two more on my list for when I go to the bank...
  • Bought it!

I wasn't going to buy chocolate unless I had to buy Shirley's mag - what a relief.

Shirley, I'm going to read it and then take the mag for my mum to read next week. She has one of the compacts illustrated - the middle one on the far right. I know she has another Stratton, but can't remember its design.
  • That's great BB! Let me know the design of that one.
  • Hot off the email press!

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/Baggybooks/CIMG2049_zps81d5fa89.jpg
  • oh yes that is quite a common one , my sister has the same.
  • I think it's lovely. Dad bought it for her years ago. It might not be worth anything, but it's still priceless.
  • Yes it is. I never had a compact :(
  • Nor me.

:(
  • Well done Nefertari!
  • Happy to send it whether you need to use it or not. Just didn't want to seem pushy! I suspect it is of the same age as my starburst example as the back is the same but to be honest I can never remember my mother using it so can't be sure. Will take shots and email them later from my laptop.
  • Congratulations, Nefertari. And thanks for the link, young Webbo.
  • Thanks Maro.
    Do you have a compact?? :)
  • edited August 2013
    [quote=Nefertari]Do you have a compact??[/quote] - she left it in the Ladies Powder Room thread. ;)
  • Congratulations and well done Nefertari, I am on the front cover of September issue, the baby with my grandma and grandad. Then I'm in the readers memories sections. They've called it 'Market memories' it tells of growing up and being on the market with family. It is a fab mag...
  • Oh cool well done. I bought this month's copy yesterday and will read it later.