Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Weekly News submissions

edited September 2012 in - Writing Problems
I know some of you have submitted stories to The Weekly News and wondered if any of you had done so recently. Last time I sent a story for consideration I received an email acknowledging receipt. I submittd an item yesterday but have not hard anything this time. Have they stopped the auto response now?

Comments

• I submitted a story a couple of weeks ago and got the normal auto reply.
    Did you send it to the DC Thomson address or the home address? I don't think you get a response from the home address. Also, if Jill is in the office you sometimes don't get one from that address either, but that doesn't happen very often.
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks Heather. I used the dc thomson address and it was during the evening so would not have expected anyone to be still working there. Maybe I'll leave it a while and see if get any response one way or the other and if not try resubmitting.
  • edited September 2012
    If you sent to the dct address I think you should have got the auto reply. Any chance you made a mistake with the address?

Jill's nice - she wouldn't mind you subbing again with a note saying 'not sure if the last email reached you so I'm trying again' or something like that.
  • That's right, PM, just double checked and that is the address I used and I am sure I have had an auto response before. Maybe I'll leave it until the morning and try again. Not too hopeful as I haven't had one accepted yet but I keep trying and live in hope.
  • Good luck, Wordy.