Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Silence from warnersgroup.co.uk

edited November 2012 in - Website Problems
Hi ... I'm sorry if this isn't the place for this but I've run out of ideas.
Over a week ago I bought online a subscription to WM as a Christmas present for my partner. We live in Spain, so I bought the European product for £55.
Although the money has been taken from my account, I haven't received any of the promised confirmation emails. Furthermore, two follow-up emails with other questions (e.g. about which would be the first issue received) sent to [email protected] have been completely ignored.
I'm off the telephone network here so it's hard (and expensive) to call, made harder by not wanting to give away about the present.
I'm now unsure whether I've bought this product or just been ripped off. Does anyone know another email address that might be attended?
Thanks.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    If something doesn't work there's usually a good reason.
    I'll click your report post so that Webbo, or one of the other Moderators see the message- it won't be instant, but someone will find out what's happened for you.
    So keep checking this thread.

Subscriptions usually start within two months- or did the last time I bought one for someone.
  • Thanks Carol.
  • I know when I've had queries re subscriptions it has been quite some time before I heard - but I did hear.

And my free gift didn't arrive when it should, I left it a month after that and then chased it. Eventually heard that my choice was out of stock. It arrived a short time later.
  • Panic not, the wheels are slow, often get stuck too but someone will sort it.
    I often buy subs for WM online, I don't think I have ever had a letter or advice other than a proof of purchase. The mag arrives no problem though :D
  • "Panic not, the wheels are slow, often get stuck too but someone will sort it"
    Maybe, but I don't think an email acknowledgement is too much to ask, when you've just spent your hard-earned? I wish I could treat my customers that way and get away with it.
  • It's possible the e-mails were sent but never arrived in your inbox.

I used one website a few times and should have received an e-mail confirmation, but it never arrived, yet I know other people who applied at the same time got their e-mail acknowledgment through okay.

When you press send you assume the e-mail has arrived, so I wouldn't assume that they weren't sent in the first place.

I've had an e-mail turn up in my inbox that was sent 12 months previously- no idea where it had been in the meantime...:)
  • Hi Phil,
    sorry for your frustration, and the lack of emails from the wgpsubs address. I'll chase it up for you now. Please could you whisper me your full address?
  • Have you checked to see if they've gone to Spam, Phil?
  • Thanks Mrs Bear, but yes, I did check that.
  • Phil, are you familiar with the whisper system, so you can give Webbo the details?
  • Already done, thanks Carol!
  • Hopefully all sorted now - apologies Phil and thanks everybody else for your help
  • Thanks everyone.