Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Shadow Poetry Competition- Website Problems

edited January 2013 in - Website Problems
I've just tried to submit two entries to the 'Shadows' prompt poetry comp. At first I couldn't open the pages properly at all- the website just went a very odd colour and all the words and forms all over the place unless I refreshed the page a lot- and then when I did upload my poem it kept telling me to sign in (which I had already done) and then the 'enter' button didn't seem to work, but I do use Firefox so switched to internet explorer (I have IE 9) which seemed to fix that problem.

Then once I had signed in and uploaded again I pressed submit at got an error 404. So I went back and tried again, this time it seemd to work and the page changed saying 'thank you for submitting'. But then I tried to submit my second entry...I did the same pressed the 'Enter Now' button at the bottom of the page and got a little pop up saying 'Thank you for saving your changes to your acount.' But it didn't move off the page. Now I fear I've either entered a couple more times trying to get the webpage to tell me that my entry had been received, or I've not entered at all. :S.

Comments

• You poor soul!
    Some days you just can't win, can you?
    Unplug the damn machine and try again tomorrow.

((lf))
  • [quote=Lizy]Unplug the damn machine and try again tomorrow.[/quote]

Failing that - give them a call on Monday - or send a whisper to Webbo (assuming this is a Writing Mag competition) - he'll always respond.
  • I've had problems with a few websites this week that normally are problem free.

I have a few websites that don't work properly in IE, so I have to use Firefox for them.

I also think some websites don't run the same way at the weekend as they do during the week...

But as said, give them a ring and explain the problem you had and you need to check.
  • I'm always a bag of nerves when I submit anything online as I always seem to break the Internet.

I much prefer postal entries. You know where you are with those and they keep the postie busy.