Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in April 2013's Writing Magazines?

2»

Comments

• [quote=Baggy Books]Several TBers in Writers' Forum's latest issue - even one on the cover![/quote]

No...Jeffrey Archer is a TB member?
    Lovely poem, Kado. Well done. Also, well done to Dee Jay too. Great to be shortlisted.
    I've just spotted myself on page 15...didn't expect it to be in so soon, as I only submitted my feature about four weeks ago. I feel 'propper' now :-)
    Also, I spotted toothlight too! Funny that we only met on Saturday and there we are, on the same page.
  • Writers' Forum, cath. JA's on Writing Mag's cover.

Still to read both!
  • It's our Malcie in'tit! On front page t'WF.

Ay up our Malcie.
  • *nods*

Yep. It's him.
  • I came second in a competition but it's still not online along with a load of other winners and runners up in the competition showcase section. Any news when this will be updated?
  • These bits are slower being put up, and the magazine isn't officially published to the general public until today anyway. :)
  • This was from a couple months back. There's not been new stories put up for months.
  • When I saw JA on the cover I thought I'd been sent a prisoner rogues gallery instead of WM :-)
  • But didn't prisoner JA use his lapse from freedom to write another best seller?
  • [quote=toothlight]But didn't prisoner JA use his lapse from freedom to write another best seller?[/quote]

Yep, it's a great big hardback tome.

I haven't read it, just lifted it and moved it in the library.
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]just lifted it [/quote]
    Surely not in the soap-speak manner of 'lifting it', as in, ' 'avin' it away on it's toes', or, as we humans say, purloining it? No, I see - just re-locating it.
    I do like the idea that JA goes away to write his first drafts, to his place in Majorca now, whereas it used to be to the Bahamas. I think he should write lots and lots of first drafts, and enjoy the sunshine while he's at it.
    By the way - this does mean that I've got my copy now, so I am no longer adrift without a WM paddle.
  • *stretches braces and adjusts flat cap*

Let's be avin' ya, Mrs Bear. I ain't no tea leaf.

*bends knees, does a Dick Van Dyke click of the heels and swaggers off*
  • [quote=toothlight]But didn't prisoner JA use his lapse from freedom to write another best seller? [/quote]

I think he wrote his memoirs while in clink. And I thought crime wasn't supposed to pay :-)
  • [quote=kado]I've won the poetry competition in Writers' News! Page 25.[/quote]

Beautiful.
  • Noticed on another link he's involved with a 100 words short story comp. As one of the semi-finalists has just posted her success, that's another of my efforts sunk without trace...ho hum, now where's my bottle of Scotch?