Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Sings - 'What kind of fool am I?'

edited April 2013 in - Resources
Having spent years lugging round either a dictaphone or notebook to make notes, found myself (again) without either today, so got out phone to type myself a message into its notebook - when lo, a thought! This is a phone; surely it has a talk message facility? And it has! And I never knew!
Now I can happily talk notes to myself when out and about and anyone watching will think I'm just making a phone call. Brill.
So I'm posting this on here to point out what a useful 'writer's resource' a phone can be if only you weren't as thick as me and knew all its features :D

Comments

• Be extra fun for anyone plotting a murder mystery.
  • Ooooooh... I'm always thinking of stuff while walking the dog. Trouble is, I usually forget the phone. And, um, I can't actually work it except for answering and making calls. £20 has lasted me since the year before last, I put money in it so seldom, I don't know how to do it, OH does it.
  • [quote=Phots Moll]Be extra fun for anyone plotting a murder mystery.[/quote]

*pictures self dictating murder plot into phone whilst unseen (and terrified) eavesdroppers listen in from the other side of the hedge...*

Such a plot has now entered my notebook of useful ideas :D
  • [quote=Phots Moll]Be extra fun for anyone plotting a murder mystery.[/quote]

I overheard a potentially worrying conversation some years ago. An American man, out of my sight, declaring he had a date with a 10-year-old girl called Annie.

It turned out he wasn't American, he was an amateur thespian, who was publicly rehearsing/memorising the lines to a play he was in that evening.
  • Smiles at Liz :)
  • That sounds useful.

Is there a way to use your phone to record a short interview with someone, do you know?
  • Oooh, don't know Lou. I guess it depends on the model, but I would think the answer would be 'probably' if you look hard enough.
  • There's a voice recorder on my Android phone. I didn't download it, so it must have come with the phone. It's a Samsung.