Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Subscriber only comps

I have always had difficulty entering the subscriber only competitions on the site but now I just can't at all. I go to the page, it asks you to log in and I'm logged in (has my name at top of page) but it still won't allow you to enter the specific competition, still says log in/subscribe. If you change pages, you get logged out! So you log back in, and try and log in again to enter the comp (even though you are actually logged in) but the page just doesn't change at all. There is something wrong with the site. On the other competitions, there is no problem. Can this be looked at please?

Comments

• I've clicked the report post for you PH, so Webbo or one of the mods will see it and find out if there's a problem.

I know Webbo has often had to get issues with the competition page sorted. We're all waiting for the long promised but no sign of new system...:)
  • I've had exactly the same problem. I gave up and posted my entry... again!
  • We're already looking into this for you Purple Haze - will let you know as soon as we know what the problem is.
  • I'm also having problems with subscriber only competitions - I can log in ok and upload my work but after that the page refreshes and I'm left unsure if it worked or not. Since nothing appears in the 'My writing competitions' page I'm assuming not. Can anyone help solve this?
  • You need Webbo. It will be Monday now, but I'll click report post so someone sees it and can check for you.
  • Carol must spend all her time trawling these thread reporting problems-

it's a good job someone does. How much recognition does she get?

A big round of applause for Carol please :)
  • Yes hurray for Carol's two large chicken breasts* too.

(* sourced from the Scoff Thread)
  • No, Lizy.

I just happen to see no one else has responded at that point...:)
  • Hi Sarah,
    After you've clicked the upload entry button, you still have to proceed to the shopping basket, even though there's no payment involved. Are you doing that? I'll check our records anyway to see if we have received anything. Please could you whisper me your name and postcode?
  • And thank you Carol!
  • No problem, Webbo. :)
  • Think it's a problem at our end, will investigate. In the meantime, please email the story with your details to [email protected]