Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Nanowrimo 2013

2»

Comments

• we have a local meeting tuesday night, gonna get my behind there after work :)
    i'm sure your characters will come on leaps and bounds when you start :)
  • Good luck, everyone!

I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines.
  • Do we have a list of TBers taking part, so we can buddy up?

Only the Collab WIP for Nano this year so - LM.Towton
  • I am

rubyrubyruby @)
  • 3105 words done, I really want to keep going but I'll give it a rest for tonight, don't want to burn myself out too early, I'm not used to such a big project.
  • Wow forget-me-not! I only managed 1800 but at least I'm on target.
  • I'm RedMorgan and I think I am palled up with the usual suspects. I'm in the USA and travelling until Sunday but hoping to get a few words under my belt tonight or else I'll be playing catch up next week.
    Well done, fmn and sj.
  • Just decided to do it this year yesterday evening. With no plot only a beginning. Woke up with more ideas and hope i can make it this year even with my horrible work hours.
  • I'm not taking part this year but I plan to next year or the year after. Best of luck to anyone who is giving it a shot.
  • I haven't written a word yet. Two days behind already! I better get cracking today or else I'll be so far behind I won't be able to catch up.
  • Grimmy... the pressure of "falling behind" is the biggest cause for drop out. How can you fall behind? It's not a race, it's a creative process ;)

Here you lot. Helpful stuff from Mr Westerfield.
    http://scottwesterfeld.com/blog/2013/11/nanowrimo/

I have decided to participate, in so far as to use it to get the uni project done due 27th Nov- Bethereoneday.
  • I know, I know! :) I guess because every other year I've made a concerted effort to get ahead in the first couple of days- but then I've never hit the 50k. So maybe this year slow and steady should be my mantra!
  • I'm partaking, prep work was non-existent. I'll wing it.
  • 10k hit this morning, but words are now starting to fail me :(.
  • Real life's getting in the way already - I've missed a couple of days completely so I'm heading for a pretty steep uphill climb just to get back on target.

Hang in there, everyone.
  • You're still doing better than me danfango, 700 words, so if I don't get my act into gear over the next few days it will be my first failure :-(
  • I'm gonna stomp to over 100k by the end of November, I'm playing it smart, I've tailored the characters that weren't apart of the prompts given me, I have put in one with a stutter, extra 10k in words there and one with tourette's - another one good for 15-20k extra words.
  • Lee wrote: I'm gonna stomp to over 100k by the end of November, I'm playing it smart, I've tailored the characters that weren't apart of the prompts given me, I have put in one with a stutter, extra 10k in words there and one with tourette's - another one good for 15-20k extra words.

:)
  • I'm not taking part this year but good luck to everyone who is. Keep at it! :)
  • That's me hit the 25k mark. It was really a struggle getting any words out earlier in the week but it now feels worthwhile. I'm really excited about my story and can't wait to get back to it, but will leave it for tonight as that will make my Monday morning writing session all the easier.

Hope everyone else is getting on well!
  • Wow, FMN, really in the writing zone right now huh?

We're approaching 12k now. Nano stats say we're behind but we're more than happy with how much we've written and aren't going to stress is we don't 'win'. Quite pleased with how the story's going progressing too.
  • Great, it's brilliant when you're enjoying the story and it's surprising you, isn't it? Yeah, I really struggled this week to get words down but have picked up my mojo somewhere in this weekend. I'm so excited about finishing and hitting the editing stage!
  • I hit 50k today, thanks mainly to my 10k Saturday. I think I'll continue on another 5k-10k until the end of my novel though. How is everyone else doing?
  • Bloody hell, FMN. Don't know how you wrote so much in one day. Well done.

We've only just gone past 21k but we're happy with that :) Especially as we only really get 3-4 hours per week night to write. Longer on weekends.
  • I think my fingers would drop off if I tried to write 10K in one day! Great going, FMN.

I could do with a couple of days of concentrating on my novel, as I'm about 10K behind schedule at the moment. What looked like a fairly quiet month work-wise has ended up pretty busy. I can't complain about paid work, but it doesn't half get in the way sometimes.
  • i either write or work
    i have no life lol
    i havnt been reading and fora fortniht i barely saw my family
    i planned to write two stories for a competiiotn but one i don't think i can (closing end of the motnth) and i start a free course online on the 25th
    oh my god
    work has been hectic and double my hours so ahhhh!
  • And I am done. I reached the end at 57,500 words, a respectable word count for a children's fantasy. This has been fun but exhausting, I'm going to go sleep for a week then try to knock out a few short stories by Christmas.
  • Great effort, fmn, well done.
  • Well done to everyone and keep at it!
    I hit 50k yesterday - hurray!
  • Well done Sally!
  • Well done to everyone nearing the end of Nano. Fantastic that you have reached the finishing line and, hopefully, achieved your goal.
  • Yes, it's a wonderful achievement - even committing to begin it. Hope everyone's enjoying it!
  • Congratulations everyone - participants and finishers. I couldn't join you this year, but I'm hoping to next year.
  • Well done, everyone. I'm seriously impressed at your achievements!
  • I managed a little over 30,000 words. I'm pleased, considering how busy the month turned out to be in the end, but obviously that's a long way off target.

I don't know if I'll do it again. I did find it helped with my self-discipline, so hopefully I'll learn from it and apply the same mindset regardless of what month it is.

Very well done to anyone who made it to or beyond the 50K mark!