Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Favouriting tweets

edited December 2013 in - Resources
Can anyone explain the advantage of doing this ... if there is one.

Comments

• I do it to acknowledge something without actually replying.
  • The same as a like on Facebook?
  • Yes, and all the Twitter faves are displayed in your profile so everyone can see them listed.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]I do it to acknowledge something without actually replying.[/quote]
    That's pretty much how I see it - I've seen your post, I enjoyed it, but don't have anything to add or, for example, it's too sweary for me to RT on our official timeline!
  • I often use it if I've found a link or article link in it useful and might want to refer back to it later. So it acts as a marker.
  • Yes, I've been wondering that, too, PM!

Thanks, everyone.
  • Same as Carol; I use it as a marker. So most of my favourites are links to competitions and articles I like the look of but don't want to fully investigate on my phone (95% of my Twitter usage is through my mobile). I usually unfavourite the tweet once I've looked at it.

Occasionally I'll favourite a funny picture or joke if I want to show it to somebody else in person, rather than retweeting it to my followers.
  • [quote=danfango]I usually unfavourite the tweet once I've looked at it.[/quote] Oh, I didn't know you could do that.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]all the Twitter faves are displayed in your profile so everyone can see them listed.[/quote] It wouldn't occur to me to look at someone else's favourites, but now you mention it there are a few things I've favourited by accident. I'll go clear them out.
  • I use it as a form of tagging for one reason or another, sometimes as a "like." some times as "useful research." Other times ...well just coz :P
  • I've noticed some random people favour random tweets as a way to get the person to follow them - out of curiosity, I suppose!
  • I haven't noticed that. Mind you, if a random person randimly favourited one of my tweets I'd just assume they'd done it accidentally as that's the sort of thing I'd do.
  • Marian Keyes has just 'favorited' one of me tweets. It was only about Strictly, but it does demonstrate how these networking things work.