Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

banner at top of page

edited March 2014 in - Website Problems
when I sign in to the forum there is a really annoying banner about publishing an e-book, and its obliterating my details, profile etc. Have tried to move it with no luck. Can anyone in cyberspace take it away? Please?

Comments

• Sadly no.

It's something to do with how the page displays on your computer, and possibly the browser you use I think (from what I can vaguely remember Webbo telling us when it first happened).

Try an alternative browser and see if that helps.

• I don't get this any more, ever since I changed the way I log in. If you use
    http://www.writers-online.co.uk/talkback as the URL you should come straight to the forums and can log in there without being mugged by the banner advert.
  • edited March 2014
    Ooooh thanks Mrs Bear. I've been trying to shuffle my way round that bloody banner for days.
  • It didn't work for me - I've just tried it.
    And I get a thing about cookies across the bottom of my screen which gets in the way when I post a comment.
    Both are irritating.
  • The smiley face option is always over the last word on the top line of a comment and if you click back there to insert a comma, for example, the shopfront of all the faces appears with them all waggling in your face!
  • Lizy, you should be able to click that cookies message out, click the last blue line on the bottom of the message.
  • edited March 2014
    The smiley face option is always over the last word on the top line of a comment and if you click back there to insert a comma, for example, the shopfront of all the faces appears with them all waggling in your face!
    Yup - that's a pain in the bum too.
    Lizy, you should be able to click that cookies message out, click the last blue line on the bottom of the message.
    Thanks Carol - off to try that now. . . .
  • . . . and there it was, gone!