Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I'm Doing it!

edited March 2014 in Writing
Hi I thought it time to find myself a forum and start joining in now I've finally started my first book. I've spent years just writing a thousand words and never making it any further.

I've realised that I need to just write when it comes into my head and not get sidetracked by research. Also I must stop rereading my work. I need to get a draft together first, then I can go back and read and change.

At 29 I may finally be able to start writing correctly.

Comments

• Good luck and keep going.
  • Welcome!

:-*
  • Hello, and don't worry about writing correctly, just write. The time for correcting stuff is in the 2nd draft onwards...:)
  • Hello - don't know what to call you. Are you from the west or is your name England? I tend to do some editing as I go along but don't try to perfect till fourth or fifth draft. Hope you smash that 1000 word barrier. Let us know how you get on.
  • Great, you have started, now keep going!
  • Welcome WEngle - you've obviously been reading the forum to have reached such a wise decision so young!
  • Welcome WEngle - you've obviously been reading the forum to have reached such a wise decision so young!
    Young? Thought I was getting on the wagon late ;)
    Hello - don't know what to call you. Are you from the west or is your name England? I tend to do some editing as I go along but don't try to perfect till fourth or fifth draft. Hope you smash that 1000 word barrier. Let us know how you get on.
    England is my surname :)

• WEngland, people start writing at any age, and some are published for the first time in their 70s and 80s!
    The important thing is that you write, and write, and keep writing - it really is the only way to improve. And chatting on here, of course (though that may turn out to be more of a hindrance...)
  • Welcome to the forum WEngland and best of luck with your writing. I'm sure you will have many successes.
  • Pleased to meet WEngland - glad you decided to join us
  • Welcome, you are just a spring chicken, good luck, from a (golden oldie).
  • Welcome to the TB pot, WE. It's where we writers hubble and bubble, toil and occasionally make trouble.
  • Make trouble do we?
  • Welcome to the forum.
  • Young? Thought I was getting on the wagon late ;)
    Dude! Don't say that! We're young, I'm young! YOOOUNNNGG!!

*ahem*
  • Young? Thought I was getting on the wagon late ;)
    Dude! Don't say that! We're young, I'm young! YOOOUNNNGG!!

*ahem*
    My OH says we will always be young - Young is our surname! :)
  • I'm young until I hit 30, then I'm old until I realise 40 is actually old. Then when I hit 40 I'm old until I realise...actually 50 is old. Repeat until death.
  • edited March 2014
    I'm 78 in September.

*books cemetery plot*

Hallo , WEngland.
  • I'm young until I hit 30, then I'm old until I realise 40 is actually old. Then when I hit 40 I'm old until I realise...actually 50 is old. Repeat until death.
    Too true! :)