Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Are you a Blogspot blogger?

edited April 2014 in Writing
My blog is through blogspot.
One of my side-bars is 'Blogs I follow' which used to show just the names of those blogs, but two days ago each entry expanded to include the first sentence or so of the blogger's latest post.

I don't want this - does anyone know how to return to the old format?
http://lizy-expat-writer.blogspot.com.es/

Comments

• I have been so lax in blogging recently that I haven't noticed. Will have to have a look later and see.
  • Design

Layout

Add a gadget

Blog list

Opens new window

Tick (or not) the relevant box
  • I'm not sure if I am, I have two blogs one on teh EWG website and one on gmail. I think that is a blog spot one, not entirely sure.
  • Lizy, under the list you should have the little picture of tools (a spanner and screwdriver I think they're supposed to be). Click that and you'll get up a box allowing you to add blogs. It says 'title' 'sort' and 'show' Ignore them. Then there is a list with tick boxes. Select the first one saying 'icon' then click on 'save' and all will be well.
  • Thanks both to BB and PM.
    I read Baggy's first and tried that, getting a little confused because I already have the window, but I found out which box to tick and that worked.
    Then I saw Patsy's post and found the little bag of tools, which would have been a quicker way to get there.
    So you are now both on my list of Helpful Heroes.
  • *beams*

The question is, why did your settings suddenly change?
  • edited April 2014
    Probably because I clicked something accidentally.
    I was adding TN's blog to my list and when I'm using the finger-pad rather than the mouse the cursor is ultra-sensitive!
  • Ahh. Okay.
  • I'm often changing things without realising.
  • I'm often changing things without realising.
    Ah - and you're so young! so it's not my age.
    *mops brow*