Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Afternoon All...

edited May 2014 in Writing
Hi Everyone,

I've been an active writer for a while now and stumbled on this site by chance. I'm into all manner of writing especially dark humour and noir.

Like most writers I guess I'll need a huggle from time to time particularly when the words won't come...like now!

I also read a lot, a must for any writer.

Get in touch eh?

Comments

• Hi Kev - was it a noir thread you followed to find us?

And what's an inactive writer?
  • I'm not much into huggles, especially as we've just met. But welcome - I'm sure there's plenty of TBers who are prepared to grab you...

;)
  • Hello Kev
  • edited May 2014
    Hi, Kev.

Lizy, an inactive writer is one of those weird people who just sits still and writes the story, rather than acting out all the action, speaking the dialogue in the correct accent and doing three star jumps for every piece of punctuation used as most of us do.
  • You do?
  • Hello Kev. :)
  • I read in WM (see, Webbo - I do read it, not just pile it up under the desk) that sexy romance is now known as 'active romance'. Gives one a whole different view of an active writer.
    However, welcome, Kev!
  • Lizy an inactive writer is an unturned on computer....
  • Good afternoon, Kev. I've been one of those today...

*slaps own wrists*

It's very nice to welcome you on board. :-h
  • Hello Kev and welcome to the forum.
  • Hi and welcome, Kev. Look forward to you joining in with us.
  • Hi, Kev.

Lizy, an inactive writer is one of those weird people who just sits still and writes the story, rather than acting out all the action, speaking the dialogue in the correct accent and doing three star jumps for every piece of punctuation used as most of us do.
    OMG! Now I have an image of Our Kev doing all that - he must be fit and skinny.

I wonder if he is also an active romantic?

*chucks bucket of water over self*
  • Cor blimey, Lizy! Go take a cold shower!
  • Listen - at my age any urges are to be welcomed, not discouraged!
  • I won't show you my Throwback Thursday photo I posted on FB then, it's caused a minor stir :P
  • *nips off to FB*

O...M...G!
  • Minor stir, b-r? The man has the jaw bone of a god! You could have been in films, dear, or on the telly, or at the very least miming to some pop tune on TOTP! We won't mention the jacket.
  • I live in that jacket still :D And I WILL get that jawline back!!
  • I wonder if Kev is scared by any of this?

• Hi Kev :)
  • I wonder if Kev is scared by any of this?

#

If he can't stand the heat he should stay out of the kitchen!

Kev - can I lend you an asbestos suit?