Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Reminder - Meet Up Fri 6th June

13»

Comments

• Who's the guy behind Casey?
  • Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.
  • Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did at the Dorest meet.
  • It was a great - and slightly surreal experience. I'm very glad I plucked up the courage to go!
  • You all look so lovely I wish again that I'd been number nine.
  • There may have been more of you, but we had more teapots. What a lovely lot you look. A good time was had by all in spite of the M1.
  • Who is the person - a man? - hiding behind the laptop hiding behind Casey?
  • Lovely pics Lou. a Brilliant day.
  • Who is the person - a man? - hiding behind the laptop hiding behind Casey?
    A Starbucks customer. (How he could concentrate on his laptop with us chattering nearby I'll never know!)
  • Nearly everyone around us worked on laptops.
  • They're more interested in the stranger behind us than us!!!
  • Aww, happy days... @};- ~O) 8->
  • Nearly everyone around us worked on laptops.
    Maybe they were transcribing us for a play!
  • They're more interested in the stranger behind us than us!!!
    And did you notice that the three of us standing behind the others are arranged in height order to make an aesthetic composition? :)
    Nearly everyone around us worked on laptops.
    Maybe they were transcribing us for a play!
    Eek - but that's what we're supposed to do: eavesdrop for material for our stories or plays!
    Nostalgic already, Nell?
  • edited June 2014
    Apropos nothing: it was interesting how we used peoples' real or talkback names depending on what they were. I was Claudia: it was the first time I've ever been addressed as Claudia in 'real life' and it felt completely natural.
  • Is that not your name then?
  • Maybe the names on here are taking us over. I did wonder why nobody curtsied when they met me.
  • Is that not your name then?
    Might be from now on!

<:-P
  • Claudia becomes you more than... your real name.
  • Oh you all look so lubberly. I so wish I'd been able to go. *sigh* Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.
  • Glad you all had a good day.
  • Maybe the names on here are taking us over.
    *considers re-branding*
  • I'm changing nothing.

*considers a tummy tuck*
  • Maybe the names on here are taking us over. I did wonder why nobody curtsied when they met me.
    I'm sure I did, your aitchness. Perhaps you were looking the other way at the time, or tucking into a Starbucks something or other.

To all those who couldn't manage this jamboree it was a truly delightful occasion - great mix of people (some even with their own books to share), loads of laughs and lots of scrumptious gossip (I'm sure not every gathering of this kind gets a blow by blow account of Fiji warriors eating their defeated enemies).

Thanks to Tiny Nell and the Uxbridge brigade for arranging the meet. Hope they'll do it again some time.
  • I'm sorry, but for a brief moment there I thought that word at the end of the second paragraph was defecated.

=))
  • They probably did that as well - eventually.
  • For Claudia, a blast from the past!
    Indeed!
  • So it was 2014. Goodness, I've changed in that short time!
    Wish we could do it again sometime, although not this year - I have no plans to be in England for any length of time this year. :(
  • maybe next year then.
  • Next year is more likely for me, but don't let that stop the rest of you arranging something for this year. :)
  • Yes, that was fun!
  • Ah, yes.The witches of Uxwitch, I remember them well. One of the more boisterous covens where stories of dragons and Polynesian cannibalism were shared around a cauldron of bubbling Costa Coffee with only Bill and me trying (unsuccessfully) to bring a little culture to the proceedings. Fun, nevertheless. Encore indeed. Encore, encore.
  • I would love to meet everyone
  • I would love to meet you, heather!
  • I am a lot quieter in real life (TN heaves sigh of relief)
  • Blimey - sounds like it would be a fun meet!
    If we do arrange a meet better make sure there are some noisy ones there too!
  • I refuse to believe that TN is quiet. It's the hair. It's noisy.
  • Only after cocktails!
  • Ah, well. That's when I go quiet. It's a safety mechanism.
  • If anyone wants to meet me, you can do so on 12th Feb in Salcombe, where there's a 'meet the authors' afternoon tea.

I'll be travelling around the UK quite a lot again this year and would like to meet up with any TB friends if we can arrange a suitable date and time.
  • LizLiz
    edited January 2017
    Wow, that's some way away - it takes us 2 hours at least to get to Torquay from Bristol. My mum and da used to live in Galmpton, near Brigham. It would be nice to visit that area again, though.