Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Newbie, well at least a couple of days ago.

edited June 2014 in Writing
Hi all,

I have been on this forum a couple of days and even though I have posted I have not said anything about myself.
In the 90s, I used to write for Spurs Fanzines, until they went out of fashion. More recently, I got a job (a non-paying job) writing for Spurs apps and Websites. Other apps and websites have picked up my musings/ critiques and now they can be viewed in more places and all around the world.
I have recently started writing short stories, entered them in the Writing Magazine competition section, and I am currently writing my fourth story.
I have had letters published in the local paper.
I enjoy reading (all sorts; including history, novels etc.), theatre (I go most Saturdays to London Theatre’s) and Exhibitions (art etc.). I cycle everyday between 6 and 12 miles.
I love all sorts of music; from classical to Rock ‘n’ Roll to Blues to Opera to Country and Western, everything.
I was born on the 9th August 1955.
Recently I was on holiday in Poland.
This Saturday I am off to the Theatre to see Terry Gilliam’s latest play; an opera.
I have run my own forum and have written blogs years ago (for a local committee).
If there is anything you like to ask, then ask or just want me to shut up, then I will. Whatever, I am glad I am here and subscribing to Writing Magazine and in such interesting, stimulating, and thought-provoking company (which only proves that I can suck up with the best of them).

Regards,

Glenn (voice)

Comments

• 1955 Glenn? You're a mere child!
    Even so you've packed a lot into your writing life so far, and are obviously a footbal buff. Not my scene but good for you.
    You'll be enjoying today's Google cartoon, I assume?
  • Hi Glenn - nice to meet you.
  • 3 years older than me.
  • Hello Glenn :)
  • Hello.
  • Hi Glenn. Welcome to talkback.
  • Welcome. Nice to have another football writer here - I used to write match reports for website, match programme, local newspapers, and the non-league paper. Then I decided to go back to Everton - they don't want me to write match reports for them!
  • Hello Glenn, think there's some footie type stuff going off at the moment, not sure though (the view from under my rock isn't too clear :P )
  • Welcome, Glenn.

Uh, I think you forgot to mention what colour socks you are wearing.
  • Welcome, Glenn/voice. Now you've got me singing John Farnham's The Voice
    *Tries to look interesting and thought-provoking: can manage provoking*
    I'm allergic to football - brings me out in a rash of bad language - but you will find friends here who understand your torment/addiction/bad habit.
    Cycling 6-12 miles a day? Proud of you, lad.
  • football - brings me out in a rash of bad language
    Most football supporters too! Especially if their team's losing.

• Welcome, Glenn.

Uh, I think you forgot to mention what colour socks you are wearing.
    That depends on which ones I pull out of the draw. Did your request extend to underwear?

• I like to thank everybody for his or her kind welcomes (and humour where appropriate).
  • Welcome, Glenn/voice. Now you've got me singing John Farnham's The Voice
    *Tries to look interesting and thought-provoking: can manage provoking*
    I'm allergic to football - brings me out in a rash of bad language - but you will find friends here who understand your torment/addiction/bad habit.
    Cycling 6-12 miles a day? Proud of you, lad.
    Thanks. Cycling is fine but I need to find the right recipe between cycling (keeping fit) and trying to get my weight down. I get there, then it pops back up, and I start the process all over again.

• 3 years older than me.
    Hi Liz, do not feel sad, you will get there one day, and when you do, I will be another three years older and we start the process all over again.

• 1955 Glenn? You're a mere child!
    Hi Lizy, that is what I keep telling myself and anybody else who wants to listen. But at least you appreciate my childish position.

1955 was a good year; I was born.