Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Looking for new plays

edited November 2014 in Writing
Hi,

We're looking for a new play - previously unperformed - to perform in a central London theatre for a limited run.

We're looking for a piece approxiametly 1hr45 to 2 hrs in length based on relevant issues, for example loss, sexism, politics, nepotism etc. It needs to contain two strong male charcters with a playing age of between 30-38. Ideally the cast size doesn't exceed 6.

Our company is made up of professional working actors and directors, based in London, who are looking to cultivate interesting pieces that explore subjects relevant to audiences today. We are looking to build relationships with writers who are looking for a platform to show their work and who are keen to challenge and entertain.

We're aiming to produce a play which will run for a limited time in London and to work on the basis of a collective approach. The costs will be kept within the companies producers but a profit share system will apply after initial costs have been recouped.

The aim of the production is to challenge the actors, to provoke and entertain the audience and to provide a platform for new work to be seen.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions and submissions are welcome - we suggest that interested writers intially provide a brief of the play with cast size and character roles, where the play is set, a paragraph about the topic and ideas behind the play and a parargraph about the writers history and experience.

Many Thanks,

Bob

Tagged:

Comments

• Bob, on my Facebook page i have many professional writers who may be able to help you, I shall share this there.
  • PS, to be clear, they will be paid?
  • From reading that it looks like a help fund and share in any profits...
  • It's an awful lot of work for what could be no pay.

'Showcase work' - hadn't seen that before. It's usually shorthand for 'work for nothing'!