Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Anyone know anything about Aquillrelle Publishers?

edited December 2014 in Writing
I've had a look at their website and they 'seem' to be legitimate, but there's something that strikes me as amateurish... though I'm not sure what it is!

I came across them while looking at writing comps - they have a free to enter poetry contest where they will publish a book of the winner's poetry (though they seem to publish all sorts). However, it looks as though these will be published online, too (not good?), and, Iooking at some of the books they have published, they all seem to be for sale on Lulu (isn't that a type of sp affair?).
Tagged:

Comments

• Lulu are a print on demand company often used by self publishers. I don't know if they also do print runs for companies.

• I agree with the amateurish view, TN. Having a quick look at some of the books they've published I thought the blurbs were very poor.

Can't actually see what the comp winners get out of this other than the opportunity to buy a book with their poem in it.
  • "we encourage worded beauty and power yet we do not interfere with your expression, we only help it. We believe that everyone has the right to be published, it is up to the readers out there to decide who's to make it and who not."

Quote from the page BB posted the link to.

I take it to mean that whatever rubbish you send them they'll print it.
  • Yes, I thought just as much. Glad you've confirmed my views.

*reaches for bargepole*
  • "we encourage worded beauty and power yet we do not interfere with your expression, we only help it. We believe that everyone has the right to be published, it is up to the readers out there to decide who's to make it and who not."

Quote from the page BB posted the link to.

I take it to mean that whatever rubbish you send them they'll print it.
    Just what machinehurt's been looking for!
  • Now, now, naughty snail...
  • SM ;)) into the corner with you and stay there for 1 hour.
  • edited December 2014
    Here is Aquillrelle, key words for being found on the web:
    Organizes and hosts poetry and story contests, to be published online, in a contest anthology and magazine.
    the website domain was first registered in 2009 and expires on June 2015, the have 23 websites that link to them. they do not generate enough info for statistics to show how much traffic they get. In fact when I posted before about helping you find info on websites, Aquillrelle get less traffic than Liz's site and no that's not a joke.
    the web domain is registered to a joseph faybish, from the city of grimbergen,in BE
    they do have a Amazon page
    http://www.amazon.com/Aquillrelle/e/B004QBD93Y and here is an article published by absolutewrite
    http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291401

There here to protect and serve.
  • That made interesting reading, h_a.
  • I don't even put anything on my site. I use my blog...
  • I don't even put anything on my site. I use my blog...
    Yes Liz, but the first word in your website is poet that will hold a lot of weight in a search.

• Ah. didn't know that. Happy coincidence, I assure you.