Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Wet, windy, cold and very overcast. 
  • Wet. Oh, wetness, lots of it.
  • VERY windy. Bent down to pick post of the mat and there was a HUGE gust of wind that blew the front door open and only just missed braining me.

It is locked now and will stay that way in this weather!

• Wet and windy and driving up from Folkestone holding the car against the gusts wasn't fun.
  • Bench was over again this morning. Pete went out and battened everything down last night with stones. Looks breezy now. Have an Alexander lesson later. not sure whether to go or not. don't feel much like it. Slept downstairs upright on sofa as reflux acid is hurting too much to lie down atm. Stressed about Brexit and concert and wish I wasn't!  
  • Nasty, wet and blowy.
  • Ditto – although the light rain has gone. Almost blown off my feet as I walked around the shops earlier. 
  • Nasty, wet and blowy. When I took Rosie down to the beach I thought we were going to get swept away. We beat a hasty retreat to the comfort of home!

• Very wet and very windy again!!!
  • Raining! First time in a year 🙁😕😠😬😞😖😎
  • Has nobody had any weather since March?

Gosh it was stifling t'other day.  Luckily I spent most of Thursday sipping iced water and generally doing naff all.  Much nicer today.  
  • Lovely day by the sea.
  • I've only ever visited Eastbourne in February - went several years running for a conference. I loved the bracing wind on the seafront. 

Okay at the moment, stormy weather on its way... apparently. 
  • After yesterday's rain, today has been sunny, breezy and quite warm- thankfully, I had loads of washing to do today.

Clouds are building slowly so expect more rain tonight.

• The pavement ripples in the early morning heat. stray dogs and cats coexist in the shade of trees lining the car park; superheated tarmac is no good for paws. I put out water, in bowls, and tired and parched as they are, I am gifted with head-bumps and hand-licks conveying their thanks. The heat seems to lift all eyes slowly to the sky, where a strong blue promises hours more of the punishing sun. I bring the winter we recently endured to the front of my mind, trying to be grateful for the warmth, but my internal barometer has risen too far and too fast; I give in and pray for rain, and rue the changes - what happened to four-season years? Where has this two-season hell come from? Spring and Autumn have taken their leave, chased away by climate change.
  • In other words, it's hot! it does worry me that we've seemed to have tipped the balance; the climate is changing, and has been for years. I do remember when each winter there was snow and each summer was warm, if not hot in Scotland, but at least we had spring rain and autumn storms. 
  • Hissing down.
  • A mix of blue sky and very dark clouds, also quite windy.
  • Raining.

• Raining! 
  • edited July 2019
    Blew a hoolie this morning to blow sea air deep into our lungs. Now spitting with rain.
  • Think the rain has finally passed over us. We had downpours at least four times.
  • Have had torrential downpours and some strong winds for much of the day so was very relieved to have a brief respite just after 2. A whole group of us had booked a garden tour at a local attraction with a talk from the owner/designer/gardener (he really was an all-rounder). At 2 the rain was heavy and almost horizontal but within fifteen minutes it turned to drizzle so we set out and gradually it brightened up. Gardens were glorious, a riot of colour and inspirational ideas and we had lots of tips and learned a great deal about what will or will not grow in our area. Back at base we had tea and cake and the heavens opened once more and it is still going strong.
  • Still raining here...
  • Pouring with rain here.
  • Looks like we had more rain overnight as everything outside is still wet, but it's not raining at the moment.
  • edited July 2019
    Very windy but patches of sun at times.
  • edited August 2019
    Dark clouds coming in- think I may have to rescue the washing.
  • Says it's going to be fine so have put some out... but poor Yorkshire!
  • I left some washing out while I went for my chiropody appointment. It rained twice in the city centre but when I got home there had been no rain at all and the washing was dry.

But it is getting gloomy as the dark blue and grey clouds move toward us, so I expect rain later.
  • Our washing dried fine.
  • Very hot yesterday - almost too hot by the river. Today's been a lovely temp. with a drop or two of rain. 
  • Put washing out at 9am today. By 1pm it was dry. Love this weather. 
  • Just had some rain, wind and thunder is rumbling in the distance.
  • It looks like it might rain but it hasn't. I put the chair away just in case, though. It was warm, but I've been inside most of today. 
  • We had a heavy downpour, the rain was spilling over the guttering and running down the back door- because it wasn't locked the water seeped in over the lobby floor- son came rushing in not knowing what to do.

Got a couple of towels on the floor and I made sure the door was locked so the inflow stopped.

The rain clouds have moved on.
  • Glorious sunny morning.
  • Sunny here, thank goodness, but there's an autumnal chill in the air and we're not even halfway into August. :(
  • Been sunny until now, but have dark clouds over us at the moment, but behind that it's blue sky and big white clouds.
  • ...and now it's gone iffy. Washing's out but I'm not sure if it will dry.
  • A tad windy and wet, what!
  • Wet but the wind has dropped.
  • Wind was still audible at six am but sunny now. Hope it's over, my daughter is driving back from Bristol today.
  • Miserable, heavy rain and windy.
  • Not really stopped all day. Daughter had to borrow my fold up mac when she went to work on her bike.
  • Same here, though we did manage half an hour shopping this morning without getting wet!
  • Rain stopped and hour or so ago.

• Very windy with fast moving murky clouds with patches of brighter sky.
  • Sunny but very windy.