Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Mix of clouds and sunshine after a morning of heavy rain.
  • Massive grey cloud looming. And it's very cold indoors. Have finally shut all the windows. :(
  • We had rain. I went to the charity shop and bought a pair of waterproof trainers for £3 - my Tenerife ones are partly mesh.
  • Currently peeing down. We have lovely sunshine one minute and a torrent the next. Temperature drops when it rains - there's a northerly blowing. Fortunately it stayed dry for our marketing.
  • Dark and there's been a few raindrops- but I expect more.
  • Just back from a morning at Swanage. It was lovely there.
  • Morning walk was in the rain - only drizzle really but it pelted down later.
  • Raining. Supposed to be celebrating friend's 70th with an al fresco meal at the pub.

:(

I booked a table indoors, just in case.

:)
  • It's been a right old downpour here :) Grass is looking decidedly drunk with happiness at it all, hee hee.
  • Enjoy your evening BB and Happy Birthday to your friend.
  • Sunshine on red brick is a glorious colour to wake up to.
  • We actually managed to eat outside - weather was bright and dry.

Today? Warmer out than in.
  • It's been a glorious day. I sat on the sunlounger in a vest top*.

*plus other garments
  • Frey, piddly, grey... but due to improve for the next week. While eating pastry and drinking hot chocolate in town, I overheard the French weather man talking about snow in the Alps. Nearly made me order another hot drink.
  • Bootiful - again.
  • Nice for the moment, grey clouds are looming.
  • Absolutely massive moon tonight.
  • At about 1-2 it will become orange, Lizy. A blood moon.
  • Don't wake me.
  • The sun's streaming through the bedroom window (in bed with cuppa).
  • Foggy. Not thick fortunately, as it's the Robin Hood marathon this morning...
  • Ah, the blood moon is tonight.
  • Sunny in Dorset.
  • Sun starting to show through now the fog has lifted.
  • A beautiful day but with a brisk northerly. It's the kind of wind that gives you ear-ache after a while, but the sun is still hot. Went for a walk on the beach, and there were people swimming in the white-capped waves, and horses walking in the shallows.
  • What a lovely picture, Mrs Bear.
  • It is.

It's lovely and warm here, too, just hung out some washing. Think I'll go out for a sit.
  • Still warm in Dorset.
  • Glorious day at Cholmondeley Castle Gardens.
  • Apparently, because of how the weather has been, the colours this autumn will be spectacular. A trip to the arboretum, methinks.
  • Didn't wake up for the eclipse, but this morning's dawn washed the sky a glorious pink.
  • Bright in Dorset. Off to the local market.
  • Beautiful. I saw the eclipse, just as it was beginning to go over from the bottom up. It was indeed a murky red-brown, but with that first bright golden edge. The stars were the most brilliant and numerous I've ever seen - I got Mr Bear up to see them. He did thank me; though having to put a very bright light on so that I didn't fall down the stairs from the mezzanine was a bit of a shock to the system. It was, as a result, a very short night.
  • Yes, Pete woke me, it was just as our son was going to bed! So he came out to see it too. OH SAID he had dried off the hammock but it was damp, so I stood and rested the camera on the hammock which Pete kept moving in, so pictures a bit blurred. Lovely through the binocs it was. Very orange when the eclipse was full.
  • Was foggy again this morning, but now cleared to give a bright sunny day, but there's a slight breeze.
  • Sunny, and breezy - hopefully the hammock will dry this afternoon before being put to bed for the winter...
  • Blazing hot here - but it is Cyprus, so expected. Flying home tonight, and I am encouraged by your reports of nice weather.
  • Despite a chilly forecast it has been a lovely day in Dorset.
  • Lovely in Cheshire at Cholmondeley Castle Gardens.
  • Gorgeous warm sunny day yesterday - so warm we sat outside. Still gorgeous and sunny today - had a lovely bumble about on the beach.
  • Cold and dry - got all the shopping done without a hitch.
  • Warm in the sun, cold in the shade. Tad breezy.
  • T'was a bit nippy around one's ankles today what!
  • Grey morning but not cold.
  • Grey, mizzly, brightening a little bit, but not warm. I'm going to get all the winter clothes out and put the summer ones away.
  • In a word- grey! And there is a definitely chill

I'm going to miss the sun over the next few months
  • A white sky, and every tree and bush is moving in the wind. The front lawn is covered with leaves.
  • I do like the autumn colours, I would just prefer a warmer version of Autumn, with more sun
  • Not too bad, here. Not that cold. I always think it gets really cold round about bonfire night - that's when I notice it, anyway!
  • Ah yes, I have to agree there Liz