Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

#writingchat

124»

Comments

• Hahaha, only if you want them to be.
  • Politically correct term is 'firefighters', if you're writing about present day.

I'll leave the REAL technical stuff to Mrs Phots, although you could consider 'the' firemen/firefighters.
  • Thanks, but it's not about the political correctness of the personnel; it's the grammar I need help with. In truth, there are no firefighters, men or women in the poem at all. If it helps to get an answer, though, let's say the muscular men are bare-chested and lathered in scented oil.
  • Someone call?
  • Hey! It's Island Girl! What you doing on this thread mate?
  • Tonight's topic is least favourite words.
  • Hey there, Claudia! I just thought I'd stick my head around the corner and see what everyone is up to. It's lovely to see there are still plenty of familiar faces lurking in the halls.
  • Tonight our topic is creating interesting characters, so join in on Twitter at 8pm and use the # #writingchat.
  • For most TBers this will be any easy one - they just need to show up and be themselves.
  • Tonight it's open to anything- within reason of course.

I'm in charge at the writers' club tonight, PM may or may not be within wifi contact.

So rather than set a topic we decided to leave it open.
  • Here are the topics for the rest of the year - plus a photo of the #writingchat team. http://patsy-collins.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/writingchat.html
  • Blimey. You're organised.
  • We divided the job up. Carol worked out the dates, Maria wrote it all up and I'm taking the credit.
  • edited October 2016
    We usually organise 1-2 months ahead anyway, but as we were all in one place we were able to discuss topics and fill the rest of the year in. :)
  • Tonight we're talking about last quarter goals.

Whether you set goals, or don't feel that works for you, do join in and share your experiences and plans.
  • Gosh, that was fun. Bonking slugs, mass poisoning tips, salad, best alcohol for a trifle - and pretty much all writing related.
  • It was great fun. :D
  • Bonking slugs...I feel like I missed out.
  • The mass poisoning ideas were good too.
  • Bonking slugs...I feel like I missed out.
    Apparently less squelchy than you might imagine.
  • The mass poisoning ideas were good too.
    The genius of many was their selective nature.