Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

'twas A Pleasant Interval

edited May 2016 in Writing
Had half an hour to wait, before bussing home from Diss today, so I bought some 'duck pellets', from the Tourist Information Centre. Sat by The Mere, was swooped upon by pigeon, and duck. They trod on my feet, and gobbled the pellets out of my hand. One or two pigeon even perched on my wrist.

Comments

• Diss is a pretty place, and the mere is famous for its birdlife. Cold as sin in the depths of winter though, as I remember.
  • edited May 2016
    Bonjour Madame Ourse,
    c'est vrai comme tu a mis. Il y a beaucoup des oiseaux et des arbres vielles. Je ne m'attarder pas en hiver tu sais. Costa n'est pas loins de La Mere. Comment tu a la connaissance bien de Diss?
  • When we sold our house in Dorset, ready to move to France, we moved out on Dec 22nd and had nowhere to go. We had two holiday cottages in Norfolk - couldn't get one for two consecutive weeks at that time of year. It was bitterly cold, and we were in shock. Diss was our nearest shopping centre. (I'd write it all in French but I'd have to do it in Word to get all the accents.)
  • Interesting. Whereabouts in France do you live?
  • Now we're in the Cotes d'Armor, Brittany; before that we were in the Vienne, near Poitiers, for 6 years.
  • Don't know that area. Tony Blair had a place around there I think. I used to own apartments in Canet en Roussillon - on the Baie des Anges. Fab!