Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Booksonix

edited August 2016 in Writing
Hi. Anyone heard of Booksonix?

I am in pre-publish stage with Matador, and have learnt that their 'press releases' are generated from the aforementioned software. It seems the manuscript is 'scanned' and then the program spits out a release.

I was astounded! It is better than my rear cover blurb (agree I am not doing myself any favours there).

Is the day of the hand-crafted manuscript dead?

Comments

• Never heard of it but I find it hard to believe that software can automatically generate a press release from scanning the book manuscript.
  • Believe it or not! True, it sounds suss, but here's the goss:

"Our AIs [press release] are generated automatically using booksonix software. This allows us to streamline the information we provide to booksellers and produce industry standard, high-quality AIs which can be disseminated quickly and digitally through established trade channels."

I could quite easily have misunderstood 'generated automatically' but it does seem crystal clear to me.