Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Help - first post

edited October 2016 in Writing
Hi - I'm not even sure whether this the right place. I'm sure some kind person will redirect me if not. I convene our U3A Creative Writing Group - often by the seat of my pants. I won't be there for the next session and am scratching around for an activity to give. Normally things pop into my head and, surprising they mostly work, I think because I won't be there I'm finding it difficult. Does anyone have something easily understandable and with not too much prop that I can leave them with? Many thanks :)

Comments

• Hi riscagirl - welcome to TB.

They could come up with their own theories as to why you're not there.
  • Yes and then turn those theories into a piece of writing of their choice
  • Hi riscagirl

I run my local U3A group and i skived off last week and got someone to run it for me. It went very well by all accounts. There is always someone keen to show that they can run the show better than you.
  • Hi Snailmale ... I wish it were the case ... I've offered many times to take a back seat ... hmmm!
  • Hello riscagirl.

I had a good response with the randomly generated nouns from this site: http://writingexercises.co.uk/index.php

They've got a lot of free writing prompts, and I'm sure you'll find something you can use on it. :)
  • Thanks for the ideas Phots Moll and Dora ... they know where I'm going but I can still use the idea and adapt ...
  • ...and Carol - I'd forgotten about that site. Thanks ... I'll use it for a starter .... PHEW!

• Hello, riscagirl, and welcome.
  • Ho riscagirl, welcome.
  • Hello riscagirl, now we've proved our worth, do drop in and join in the chat.
  • ... thanks ... hope to ... :D