Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

#writingchat

Comments

• Tonight we're talking about typos.

Ever made any funny, or really embarassing ones?
  • Tonight we're sharing writing tips, so if you'd like to join us it's 8pm over on Twitter, and don't forget to use the #writingchat # to find us and when you tweet...
  • On tonight's #writingchat we're talking about how to become a better writer.

I won't be there as I'm at the writers' club tonight. But all are welcome to join in if the topic interests them, just use the #writingchat #

Starts 8 pm.
  • Another Wednesday, another #writingchat.

Tonight we're discussing flashbacks- where and how?

All are welcome to join in from 8-9 pm, just use the # to find us. :)
  • Brrr - bit cold for flashing tonight!
  • Tonight's topic is dialogue.
  • *cups ear* what did you say, PM?
  • Tonight the topic is writing articles.

So join in from 8pm and don't forget to use the #writingchat #... :)
  • I am afraid I won't be there tonight. It's the Leavers Ceremony at school.
  • Hope it goes well TN. x
  • Tonight our topic is what's in your writer's toolkit?

Join us at 8pm over on Twitter, and just use the #
  • Tonight 8-9 our topic is Writers & Holidays.

You can join in any time from 8pm, just look for and use the #
  • Tonight we're having a writing open-house, so any writing topics, general grouses, it's up to you.

From 8 to 9pm, just remember to use the #
  • Tonight our topic is, book written- what's next?

So join us 8pm and don't for get to use the #writingchat #
  • Oh I've tried to do #writingchat - but I'm hopeless on twitter and can't cope when comments are bombarding me from different directions. My brain sort of freezes.
  • It can get busy, but you don't have to keep up with every conversation (some nights that would be almost impossible.)

Have you tried tweetdeck? You can set that up so you see all the #writingchat comments, but nothing else.

I find it also helps to copy and paste the hashtag, to make replying quicker.
  • Tonight it's How's your writing week going?

Join in from 8pm and just look for and use the #...
  • The topic tonight is how to resolve writer's block.

I won't be there but others will be so join in at 8pm with the #.
  • Ah, looks like we'll be going to John Lewis tonight. Enjoy...
  • Tonight at 8 pm, our topic is research for contemporary novels/stories.

All welcome, just look for and use the #
  • Tonight we're talking about pen names.
  • Alas, I shall miss it again. I'll be watching Twelfth Night at The Minack.

Love,
    Wilhelmina Shakespeare
  • Hope you enjoy it.
  • Can't see her.

• We were the first row of grassy seats! Just left. Very atmospheric!
  • Was it good?

Tonight's topic is 'cash for words'.
  • Plans for autumn is tonight's topic. Do join in to share yours, or be inspired by what others are getting up to.
  • Tonight it's what and when writers read.
  • Tonight we're talking about the internet - and what happens if there's a problem.
  • This evening from 8pm, the topic is books to screen adaptations-good or bad?

You're welcome to join in, and don't forget to use the #.
  • Tonight we're discussing places - real, imagined and disguised. Hope to see you there!
  • By the time I got back from site and had tea etc, I was beat and missed the discussion. Sorry.
  • No worries, there's always next week. :)
  • Absolutely. Just join in when opportunity and inclination coincide.
  • Tonight we're talking about genres.

Everyone welcome.
  • Tonight's #writingchat topic is history in stories - historical novels, flashbacks, backstory etc. To join in tweet 8-9 using the hashtag.
  • Bit late, but we start at 8pm, and it's turning reality into fiction. All welcome.
  • Just under 15 minutes to tonight's #writingchat at 8pm.

We're discussing: what you wish you'd known when you started writing.
  • I haven't made it for weeks!
    I had a friend here on Wednesday night, and before that we've had Eat Out Wednesdays...
  • TN, you can always catch-up later if something interests you. :)

Tonight we're talking about bookshops: high st. (or mall) & online.

Join us at 8pm and look for and use the #. :)
  • Tonight we're talking about libraries.
  • 'What I learned in 2017' is the topic tonight.

All welcome, as always.
  • Eat Out Wednesday again.

Sorry!
  • Oh blimey - well I logged in and tweeted but I have no idea how to follow the comments. Is the top comment the most recent? I can't even see my tweet. Bloody hate twitter. :(
  • You might find Tweetdeck helpful to pick out the #writingchat tweets- Patsy can explain how..

I just use Twitter with the current tweet stream in one tab, and notifications open in a second tab, so I can move betten the two.

You can use the search box to bring up #writingchat and follow tweets there, but if the hashtag isn't used, a tweet won't appear there, and you have to click on a tweet to see replies.
  • I hope you had a good evening and delicous food, TN.

Caludia, I use tweetdeck and set up a column so I see all the #writingchat comments, and only them, for the hour. Even so, it's usually impossible to keep up with everything.
  • Oh - we coincided, Carol.
  • Umm, sorry about the 'oh'. That one was unintentional.
  • Okay, sorry to sound so grumpy, but it's frustrating trying to figure out how twitter works (not helped by the fact that I always end up losing patience and logging out again). I'll try again next week if I can. I have no idea what tweetdeck is, but I'll take a look and see if I can understand what you're talking about.
  • Claudia, Tweetdeck is a programme/app, it's Twitter set out so you can see different aspects easier.

Like Twitter the more you use it- even if only 10 minutes a day, you'll become more familiar and tune in better.