Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Block Capitals for BOB DYLAN

edited October 2016 in Writing
Congratulations to him. He excells himself and everybody else when singing fast numbers.

Comments

• Not really my cup of tea.
  • Never been that keen.
  • Loved him and have all his early albums - fab words, fab messages, and I love his melodies. I think he deserved it as much as any one, but I think Leonard Cohen's poetry in song is better.
  • edited October 2016
    I heard a recording of Dylan singing in a NY club. It was something so fast and furious that the words were indistinct but I was instantly converted from a mild to an avid fan. I don't know Leonard Cohen's work.
  • Not a fan of Dylan. I would never call myself a fan of Cohen but I could listen to him all night. What I mean is, I've never owned anything he's recorded but when I hear him I sit up and listen.
    He excels himself and everybody else when singing fast numbers. I heard a recording of Dylan singing in a NY club. It was something so fast and furious that the words were indistinct but I was instantly converted from a mild to an avid fan.
    But if you can't understand the words, what's the point? He could be singing utter tosh.
  • Patricia, I'm sure you'd know 'Hallelujah'; you just don't recognise it as Leonard Cohen's because it's been covered so many times.
  • Hallelujah brothers and sisters!
  • Love him. Mr Tambourine Man has as many wisping byways as any set of words I've met.
  • His voice is so dark you just know you are tuning into real life when you listen to his songs..