Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Samsung tablet memory

edited December 2016 in Writing
I have had my samsung Tab4 for aout 3 years. It's only got 8gig capacity and keeps telling me it's full. I have deleted lots of stuff and almost all photos, to no avail.
I am also getting constant ads for apps to clean out junk files. Can i trust any of them?
Alternatively, can i buy it a bigger memorý?

Comments

• Google it, Lizy. It seems some models will take a larger memory card, but you need to sort out why the memory is full first. Unused apps, for instance.

Was there a helpline website in the instructions that came with it? Was there an online manual? Should be the first port of call.

The 8gig memory isn't all usable: a chunk of it is already occupied by manufacturer-installed things like hardware and operating system functions that can't be removed. Of that 8gig, you only get somewhat less than 4 gig to play with.
    http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2255502 - this site explains it in words even I can understand.