Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing group(s) near Halifax, Huddersfield (West Yorkshire)

edited January 2017 in Writing
Morning all

Does anyone know of any creative writing groups in the West Yorkshire region, specifically near Halifax or Huddersfield?
I took a look at the ones listed on this site and could not see one - I may have overlooked it. And, a search on the www failed to come up with any.

Regards

Gavin

Comments

• Last time I was in Huddersfield I went to the Tolson Memorial museum and they had quite a lot of leaflets and stuff about whats on in Hudds, arts etc.

Plus I googled writing groups Huddersfield and this came up:

About 455,000 results (0.54 seconds)
    Search Results
    Huddersfield Author's Circle | Words, Stories and Voices from West ...
    https://huddersfieldauthorscircle.wordpress.com/

Huddersfield Authors' Circle Meetings for 2017. January 2, 2017 ... Welcome to Huddersfield Author's Circle. ... Joining a writing group is one way of achieving it.

Writing Meetups in Huddersfield - Meetup
    writing.meetup.com/cities/gb/45/huddersfield/
    Find Meetups in Huddersfield, England about Writing and meet people in your local community ... ScriptwritingNorth Screenwriting & Radio Courses and Groups.

Holmfirth Writers Group Poetry Day | Huddersfield Literature Festival
    www.litfest.org.uk/?q=node/30

The Holmfirth Witers Group will be meeting at 9.30am on Saturday 2 March to discuss Christina Rossetti and her enigmatic poem, Goblin Market. The meeting is ...

Creative writing workshops in Huddersfield - Huddersfield Examiner
    www.examiner.co.uk › News › West Yorkshire News

24 May 2011 - A CREATIVE writing workshop takes place in Huddersfield next month.

Writing Course in Huddersfield :: National Association of Writers in ...
    www.nawe.co.uk › Young Writers' Hub › Listings › Events
    An introduction to writing poetry. Week 6. Writers' forum: sharing our work *course content may change according to the interests of the group. Course costs £ ...
  • You're welcome.
  • Hello Dora, thanks for that.
    After a little further research, I have located a group that is currently based at Halifax library and am in the process of contacting them.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Gavin
  • So close, am in Leeds :)
  • I have found a group that meets fortnightly at Halifax library. As luck has it, they next meet this Friday morning. I have rescheduled my work, originally planned for the morning, to the afternoon in order to attend.
    I hope that none of the group members bite.
  • Hope it goes well.