Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Problems....

LizLiz
edited March 2017 in Writing
Dear chaps, still without internet this morning and then usually the house alarm gives a buzz which we can't hear but Lola can which terrifies her... It was not doing that over the weekend but started this morning and sure enough she started trying to get under things and was trembling dreadfully and then I had to let her out for a wee and when that happens I can't get her back in... So phoned BT as L was out in the rain trembling from cold and fear and burst into tears when she said it would be another 36 hours... Which meant she asked me what L was for which made me a vulnerable customer and she upgraded the problem. So went in garden and played football with Lola to keep her warm but after three quarters of an hour I got tired and came back in having failed to catch her, trouble is she'd started looking at the walls... However the BT men were already setting up outside thank goodness and opened the door and Lola was sheltering under the porch from rain and managed to catch her so she's now up underneath my duvet despite the mud...

Feeling a bit calmer now.

And got a mail from the publisher to say our first review is in, forgot we might get those...

"New poems by three of our brightest and liveliest poets are gathered together in this anthology which celebrates women and girls, lots of them. The lives of the really famous – Malala, Frida Kahlo, Amy Johnson, Hillary Rodham Clinton – are discussed, the roles of women in fairy tales debated, and the achievements of women whose names we’ll never learn acknowledged too. The poem styles are as varied as the book’s subjects, and there are poems to make you laugh, to make you angry, to make you think. It’s a sparkling collection, inspiring and empowering. Buy copies for all the young people in your life. ~Andrea Reece"

Comments

• Lovely review, Liz. Hopefully, that has taken the edge of this morning's shenanigans.
  • Lovely review. Well done those poets. :)

Hope Lola is recovering now.
  • My internet is back so I do feel a lot better now.

And i can enjoy the review much better, lol!

Lola is happily on the sofa where she is not usually allowed...
  • Lucky Lola on the sofa

Glad you are giving her a little pampering. She deserves it
  • Poor baby dog! What an ordeal.

Brilliant review - you should feel very chuffed.
  • She was really, really upset. and because she was so upset and all the shenanigans after, I forgot to feed her! Poor little mite! We have a feeding system which shows exactly if they have been fed or not. A small Ikea cupboard with three shelves - treats on the bottom shelf, a shelf for two tubs of dry food (am and pm for the cat) and another for the dog. They are on top of each other so when you put the used food back in, the one TO be used is on top. And beside that, the packets of wet food, given as well.
  • Poor you, poor lola. What a todo!
    If she has to go outside under those circs again, attach a lead first. Xx
  • I could - but it was raining which means me going out with a dog in the pouring rain who would refuse to go to the loo and holds on rather than be taken back inside even after half an hour... (previous experience!).
  • Ah. How about a very looooong lead which enables you to stand under cover?