Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in April 2018's Writing Magazines?

edited February 2018 in - WM and WN
Who's in April 2018's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 1st March so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

I believe this issue may include the Competition Special...

Comments

• Flicked through it and didn't spot any TBers. Did spot a typo. :(
  • My copy has arrived, not had time to look at it yet.
  • Did spot a typo. :(
    It saddens me to say that I spot more typos in WM than in any other magazines.
  • It's shocking what gets through.
  • I'll be watching the post box again then. It could freeze shut, as it's on the NE corner of the house. Then what would I do?
  • Mine was waiting for me when I got home yesterday evening. Not had a chance to look at it yet.
  • Got mine. I don't have the enthusiasm to read them any more.

Why is that, I wonder?
  • I'm in the same boat. I did move my copy from the kitchen to the lounge but it's now on the floor. It'll probably get moved a few times before the next issue arrives and then I'll recycle it. I look forward to it arriving but by the time I finish work I can't face reading anything more. Now and then I think I'll pop out for a coffee and take it with me to read. I don't.
  • If I'm still able to go to Leicester on Friday I'll read it on the train. Otherwise I dip in and out when I have a break.
  • Has anyone else noticed the price drop on the magazine, it is usually £4.99 but this edition is £4.25. (Still good value)
  • Perhaps the £4.99 wasn't well received by purchasers.
  • How does that affect subscribers?
  • Wasn't in Tesco on Weds so will pop in next week see if it's there.

EWG 2018 competition listing should be in the comp special.

*wonders if name of competition judge is on listing too*
  • Dora, the short story competition in September is listed, but doesn't give a name. Nor the one in June. Obviously we need to go and look on the website.
  • I started subscribing again after a gap of a few years. My first copy has some interest ing articles but I remember becoming bored with it after a while before. If it does so again...