Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in June 2018's Writing Magazines?

edited April 2018 in - WM and WN
Who's in June 2018's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 3rd May so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.
Tagged:

Comments

• Mine is here. Not looked yet.
  • Mine's arrived.
  • Mine's arrived. :)
  • I've spotted one from TB.
  • Mine waiting for me. I have just got home.
  • Mine's just arrived.

Spotted a TBer and four clients.
  • I'm in there! Yay!
  • Yes saw you Lizy. Congratulations!
  • Well done Lizy.
  • Spotted your smiling face straight away, Lizy. Lovely piece!
  • Mine's arrived but I'm still working through the last two!
    Well done, Lizy - I'll have a quick leaf through to find your entry. :)
  • Thanks guys. Claudia - the reason I didn't spot me straight away was because I haven't finished last month's either!
  • I'm still on the last two as well! Well done, Lizy :)

marion
  • You are the one I spotted, Lizy. Congratulations.
  • Now what would be great - if every reader of WM bought a copy, or at least every member of TB!
  • edited May 2018
    Took my WM copy to read on the train.
  • Good article Lizy and lovely smiley photo!
  • Thought about buying it this month but it was £5.99 cos a book I didn't want was enclosed with it. So I didnae.

Decided to spend my pennies instead on a pair of xray specs and a pkt of stink bombs
  • Thought about buying it this month but it was £5.99 cos a book I didn't want was enclosed with it. So I didnae.
    I'm so surprised by that! What is Writing Magazine thinking? 'Extras' in magazines are usually freebies... aren't they?

• Baggy Trousers
  • We have to remember that it's the magazine publisher who sets the price.

• We know it's the publisher – and it's still madness. They will alienate loyal readers that don't necessarily want to subscrible.
  • What is the book about? I find all these magazines very expensive.
  • edited May 2018
    *squints through xray specs*

Think it was about getting published. Which probably is of interest to a lot of writers.

Just not me. At the moment.

*sets off stink bomb*

*legs it*
  • Ah. Thank you. Yes, not much use to me, either. Perhaps Lizy can photocopy/photograph/scan it and show us?
  • Ah. Thank you. Yes, not much use to me, either.

Fancy a stink bomb instead?

• The bumper version with the book is only in some stores, Dora - it is available at regular price elsewhere and we'll happily send you one at regular price if you like.

We've also made the book available for any subscribers who want a copy, here: https://www.writers-online.co.uk/store/reader-offers/get-your-book-published-her-first-edition/
  • Has it been updated, Webbo? It was first published in 2014 and the industry has changed since then.
  • I believe this is the most current version of it BB - and I can vouch that it's very much still relevant!
  • But it's only available for UK subscribers! :(
  • :(

It does sound interesting - especially if it's been undated since the version of Amazon. I'd be interested if it included the changes to KDP that hit indies last year.