Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in September 2018's Writing Magazines

edited July 2018 in - WM and WN
Who's in September 2018's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 2nd August so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Comments

• Rumour has it that a certain TBer will have their debut article in this issue.
  • Received mine. :)

Brilliant!
  • Baggy has posted a picture on Facebook, so I'm now eagerly awaiting for the post- won't be here until nearer midday.
  • I had a slight iffy moment when I went to the page number per the index. They must have shuffled the content after that page had been finalised.
  • Excellent article, Carol. Well done.

I was shortlisted in the 750 word story comp :)
  • Well done heather.

Wish the postman would ruddy well hurry up. 8-|
  • Congrats, heather. :)
  • Congratulations, Heather!
  • It's arrived. Mentioning no names, but there's a fabulous article to read.

Congratulations, Heather! Saw one or two other familiar names as well.

Good job I hadn't got around to cancelling my subscription!
  • edited July 2018
    My article Womag Rights is there on page 22 not page 12. :D
  • edited July 2018
    Hope mine is waiting for me when I get home later today. Congratulations Carol. Looking forward to reading it your article.
    Well done Heather.
  • Well done, Carol!
  • My copy has arrived. I've read my article and even impressed myself!
  • Carol, it's so clearly written. You have a calm voice.
  • Congratulations, Carol and Heather.
    I haven't renewed, and I'm not sure which issue is my last one. Guess I'll find out in the next couple of days.
  • Carol, it's so clearly written. You have a calm voice.
    It was a hard article to put together in a way that would make sense however much or little a reader might know, and at the same time combine past facts, the viewpoints of those involved now, plus potential outcomes.

Have to say a big thank you to the assistant editor Tina for her skills too.

• Well done, Carol and Heather!
  • Well done Carol - your article might even persuade me to start writing short stories for Womags!

And congratulations Heather.
  • Congratulations Heather and Carol!
  • Great article Carol and congratulations Heather!
  • edited July 2018
    Excellent article, Carol. Well done.

I was shortlisted in the 750 word story comp :)
    Well done both.

I'm off to Tesco to see if it's on t'shelves yet.
  • Dora, it's out Thursday.
  • Ok. Will go Thursdeee then.

• I haven't renewed, and I'm not sure which issue is my last one. Guess I'll find out in the next couple of days.
    It arrived this morning. Well done with your article, Carol - very clearly written.
    I've just read the Letters page and see that WM have excelled themselves this time with the same letter printed twice. [-X
  • No! I haven't read mine yet. TBH, I have spotted problems on just a flick-through. Not their finest hour - apart from Carol and Heather, of course. :)
  • Jonathan needs to give his proofing editor a good kick up the backside. There are far too many errors - especially embarrassing in a magazine aimed at writers. Even Carol's bio has an error and I'd lay odds the error isn't hers.
  • I spotted that one. It's shoddy and disappointing.
  • Jonathan needs to give his proofing editor a good kick up the backside. There are far too many errors - especially embarrassing in a magazine aimed at writers. Even Carol's bio has an error and I'd lay odds the error isn't hers.
    Claudia, the extra 's' was mine :\"> and I meant to tell Tina about it but forgot in the rush to get off to Leeds. When I remembered I assumed it would be picked up...
  • Well that's very honest of you, Carol, but you were quite right to assume they'd pick it up!
  • Great article Carol.
  • Well done, Heather. Very informative article, Carol. So easy to think publication is all and miss the possibly exploitative small print.