Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Fond Parent/Grandparent thread

2»

Comments

• Awww. I wonder if it's done by now?
  • I couldn't!
  • A long-awaited outing with her friend.

• Quite the young lady!
  • Crikey she's growing quickly!
  • Betsie said:
    Just letting you know our third great-grandson arrived four weeks ago.  He is called Freddie.
    This is the first comment to come up since I last opened this thread. 

Belated congratulations, Betsie. 
  • I've not seen that comment! Congratulations, Betsie. 
  • I wonder why, Liz?

It was posted in 2018.  That was the last time I popped in this thread. Only popped in today because it was a top of the list. 

See you again in 2022 *waves*

• Why? Is Betsie expecting again?
  • Ah, well i guess that makes sense of why i couldn't recall seeing it! 
  • Debs has just emailed me a copy of Millie's first ever school report, which is all excellent. Of course.

What amazes me even more is that it is FIVE pages long!! I can't be the only one who remembers school reports on one sheet of paper, with a sentence from each subject teacher - and that was in Senior School.
  • Millie has discovered the joy of writing, sand Sunday's subject was their mini holiday, an overnight stay at Chesintn. Where they will ride on. Jungl bus, Toom Blarster, Se dragn, Gruflo rid and Vamp Rid.
    In the zoo will be muncees, hechogs,, eemus, fmingos and torts.
    Goien on holiday!
  • That's so lovely, Lizy.
  • I love that spelling of muncees!
  • Wonderful, Lizy, and all perfectly clear and logical.
  • Such confidence is lovely!
  • I loved Chessington as a child. 
  • I took my lot there when they were kids, and one group of boys for a birthday treat - keeping track of them all was a nightmare!